Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Deux Alpes - Summer 2008

Poster: A snowHead
easiski, Wardrobe progress?

I've finished my bedroom skirting boards - its only taken 5.7 years to do Smile
Im now on to getting the electricity connected to the 'porch' light I fitted 4 years ago. It was going to be easy - run a channel along the wall to the kitchen light switch, update to a twin switch, connect, fill with moarter to look like the rest of the wall (uneven exposed stone). Then I found out there wasn't the correct electricty at the switch (no N, just a loop from above and I cant get into the ceiling)
Thus I have spent a lot of time running the channel UP the wall and removing bits of coving etc so I can run the power over the front door & along behind the cooker to a plug. THere should be a N there along with a L & E.

Another thing i need to do : find out how to get the the PSB/other bash without convenient flights from Newcastle. Easyjet NCL>GVA dont start until 13th Dec.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
lampbus, How about Edinburgh? Should get a flight from there I should imagine to one of the local airports. Otherwise you can drive down with me (so long as I go back) as I'll be going back last-minute-ish.

Well done with the DIY - I know it's not really your thing. Here's a pic of the finished wardrobe, complete with doors that actually work!! Shocked It's now painted as well and has clothes in it - a very novel idea. Laughing

Butterfly Yes
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
easiski, well, DIY isnt my thing IF the job it too dirty. So I have now moved into the kitchen and the plasterwork is chiselling all over the place. Moved the cooker. Big mistake cos I spent ages cleaning it behind,sides, floor, cooker cable, wall etc.
But I do realy like it when it all works out nice Smile

THe reason the skirting took so long was mainly due to me thinking I had to get all the work stuff done, then when it wasnt going well, working longer hours and any time I spent not doing work I blamed myself for slacking.

Life is about US. not work. Since I retired (and my brain is getting all un-depressed) I have time for lots things. None of them work.

I was going to go to Tignes before the mondial. Actually, I was thinking I could drive myself - Scooby has a new radiator and is going much better now it has oil and water in it.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
easiski, wow clothes in there? Whatever next? Smile
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
lampbus, Well I'm sure you could find a car-mate or two to do the trip with you. As it's half term (I think), had you thought of R32? It's a very nice day today. It was a bit warmer overnight, but only just over 5 degs first thing. That's about right I think. sunny and hot and clear. I should be going back up again on Sat & Sun (phew - work at last!) rolling eyes but lots of other things to do before then. Very Happy
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
lampbus, Have PM'd you.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
easiski, Just over a week to go Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Getting blowy today and forecast not good for the coming week on the whole. Sad Just as I have a little work. Windy and rainy it looks like. Will take a photo later today.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
easiski, sounds rather like what we have here today - all 3 cats are togther in the tightest "we're cold, mother, put the heating on!!" protest-huddle!

Hope it clears up a bit there and you at least have a few bright spells inbetween the murk.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Butterfly, It rained right after I posted, but only for about half an hour. After that it was sunny with cloudy intervals, but from time to time the wind got really nasty. Glad I wasn't up the hill this afternoon!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
easiski, foul weather in Serre Che this morning, heavy rain and thunder
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Helen Beaumont, have the river levels sufficiently subsided for water sports/safety and low levels of flooding.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Christopher, yes, but given the way it's pishing down at the moment, things could be completely different by tomorrow morning. Laughing
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Well we tried to go up yesterday but it was closed all day due to the thunderstorms. Actually we did get a fair bit of nice weather in between the heavy rainbursts, but some of those were unbelievable. I took a french friend round to look at the work that needs to be done on Pollyperks new apartment and we got absolutely soaked in the 100m dash back to the van! Sad

I had higher hopes this morning as there was no thunder, but on getting to the Jandri Express we found that the glacier was closed because of wind. Sad Sad Really rotten, especially for the young man who's here to ski for the first time and really, really excited about it.

Anyway, here's a pic from the balcony .... let's hope there's some snow pix tomorrow.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Well, they managed to open for Bastille Day, but as you can see from the photos we were transported into the middle of winter! Shocked IT WAS FOUL. However the snow was OK, there was some fresh snow all the way down to about 2,500m (but not much). If it hadn't been for the wind it would have been nice with the freshies. At least we could get up there and skiing. Very Happy forecast is for a lovely sunny day tomorrow and Weds - hurray! Very Happy So you might actually be able to see something in the photo. Very Happy
snow report
Oh I can't believe how the weather's changed and how lucky we were at the end of June in LDA. Reminds me of August 2000 when we were in Austria for a week (Fieberbrunn & surrounding area) and it was foggy or p'ing down from low cloud every single day. We kept getting told what wonderful views there were to be seen if it was clear rolling eyes
ski holidays
easiski, You really do have a mix of weather in L2A. l felt sorry for the young chap who's out there to ski for the first time and couldn't on Sun. l know there's loads of other fun

to be had if you're grounded, but if skiing is why you're there it's hard to put a smile on Sad Have a great day tomorrow Very Happy
ski holidays
Butterfly, thankfully it's supposed to be nice tomorrow and clare mcbride, he's welsh, so he's a tough little bu**er and was just happy to be skiing regardless of the weather. Very Happy
latest report
easiski, do u know what the forcast is for the rest of the week/w'end? am coimg out tomorrow,can't wait Very Happy
latest report
LIAMJ, Yes - it should be good. Very Happy Very Happy

Today was a really brilliant bluebird day, with winter snow that hardly slushed up at all (only on Signal). Very Happy There was a breeze and it'wasn't boiling hot, but one of the best days you could have in summer. I've taken photos of the snow cover on the mountains in a view over towards Mont Blanc and also there's a pic of the depth of snow that's still on the Serre Palas path - plenty of stock there for later. Last year we lost Signal, Roche Mantel and Dome on 20th July, the year before on 11th July. It's now 15th and there's no sign of it going any time soon. We might even be able to ski these runs into August this year. That would be the first time since 2003. Very Happy Fingers crossed. Very Happy
ski holidays
easiski, Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
tks easiski, looking good Very Happy
snow report
easiski, Very Happy May have to put the DIY on hold if so much is still open. Hopefully see you on Sunday.

LIAMJ, How long are you there for?
ski holidays
easiski,

Update from the 'old folks' here @ Chateau de Fortis: Our young 'shredder' in L2A was delivered about a week ago after a preliminary ‘touch base’ on Monday, July 7th, he found himself a place to crash and is ever since in 7th Heaven, especially with the new snow and after the disappointment of 2/3 consecutive days of waiting to go up. Learned to crochet and is making is own beanies.
Even the skate park seems to be awesome.
We’re receiving ecstatic messages that everything is just awesome; he made a load of new friends and learned to shop at Super U and even to cook his own dinners ! We’re just watching from afar in plain awe (and holding our breath) !
In short, he’s having a blast !
So far so good Very Happy
ski holidays
jeu-d-esprit, that's good to hear. Very Happy

It was lovely up there today, but deffo a lot warmer than yesterday. In fact the snow only got soggy at the very bottom of the Puy Salie - it was really quite nice on most of the glacier. I didn't go down Roche Mantel or Signal today, but I imagine they were pretty wet in the later morning. Pix of the nursery area and also of the little bit below the Dome Nord and Muretouse where they have some slalom lanes. This was taken aroubd 13.00 and the snow was fab - lots of untouched stuff there. I'm not going up tomorrow but will be up again on Friday. Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
Quote:

learned to shop at Super U

If he's the one I'm thinking of, he had to be told to sign the back of his bank card. Laughing Laughing
latest report
Lizzard,

Sorry, but no bankcard for him yet wink
latest report
It's been an OK sort of day today, cloudy with sunny intervals, pleasant enough, not hot but by no means cold - all good stuff for the mountain. I'll be up there again tomorrow and will take a piccy. Very Happy
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
easiski only 10 days to wait until we are there Very Happy

hope you got my email re lesson times etc let me know what you'd like to do......
ski holidays
Roger C, Have replied thanks. Very Happy Very Happy
latest report
A nice day again today with a light breeze on the glacier. There have been a few clouds around, but not enough to call it cloudy. The snow is holding up well, and when I skied down to the resto from the nursery slope just after 13.00 it was soft, but not really mucky - great stuff. Very Happy I took an unusual photo today, looking down from the terrace of the resto to the bottom of the funicular and the Jandri 4 chairlift. It shows how deep the snow is piled up on the piste down. It's going to take a long time to get through that lot. I wouldn't be surprised if we could still ski down to the train in mid-August at this rate. Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
easiski, bloody global warming!! you will be sking all year round soon
ski holidays
easiski wrote:
I took an unusual photo today, looking down from the terrace of the resto to the bottom of the funicular and the Jandri 4 chairlift. It shows how deep the snow is piled up on the piste down. It's going to take a long time to get through that lot. I wouldn't be surprised if we could still ski down to the train in mid-August at this rate. Very Happy Very Happy

Interesting to compare with the one I took from nearly the same point on 24th June, but loads left still Very Happy

snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead
snow report
Butterfly, Damn summer. rolling eyes rolling eyes
snow report
Just finished packing. Summer clothes, skiing clothes and mountain biking clothes......we need a bigger car!!! Can't believe how much snow there still is Very Happy
latest report
R32 just started doing the same ready for next friday!

have got a big car but since the arrival of Jnr C a few months ago we now need an even bigger one!!!!! luckily the skis/boots are going down with the grabd parents in their roof box Very Happy
snow report
Roger C, We're leaving early in the morning, supposed to leave this afternoon, but the only available tunnel crossing left was 10pm and thought we'd be cutting it really fine!!

We'll be out until the 2nd of August, will probably bump into you Cool
ski holidays
R32 will be on the glacier most mornings from sun 27th onwards

keep an eye out for a 35 yr old bloke with a bright green jacket on fischer amc76 skis!!!!
latest report
Roger C, I think there's a few other snowHead's out around then too, I'm sure easiski will be able to arrange a snowHead mini-meet up Little Angel

Going to try and watch the Tour de France on Wednesday/Thursday. Anyone have any tips on where to park, etc, etc.
snow report
I know it's too early to start making predictions but it must bode well for the Mondial.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy