Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Hotels...

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi All...

I am looking at some cheap flights to Geneva for next season. Only problem is they are mid week flights and we may not be there for a week (possibly Wednesday to Tuesday). Does anyone know of any hotels in decent resorts with an hour or 2 from Geneva where I wouldn't have to block book for a week?

Any help would be much appreciated!

P.S I am on a limited budget Embarassed
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
smudger, you should be able to find something in a Flaine satellite, such Les Carroz, no probs. We've stayed there for 3 or 4 nights mid week and over the weekend.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Also, try to go outside peak season, such as halfterm. mid-end january and end of march should be fine snow-wise, cheaper overall, and easier to book "non standard" periods.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
You may find that many hotels are unwilling to take non standard bookings until nearer the time.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks for the advice...

Does anyone know if there are sites where I can search for ski hotels?

Usual sites like expedia etc don't seem to cover all the resorts...
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
smudger, best to pick a resort and then work through the list from the tourist information office (Cervinia springs to mind as being particularly good in this respect). I agree with Kramer though and I would leave it till a couple of weeks before you are due to go.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
smudger, this is always a bit of a problem - cheap flights, but no hotels available. I have found once or twice that even right near the time hotels in France will not let for just a couple of days - I think Switzerland might be more flexible. But definitely agree that you must avoid the peak times which are New year and the four French school holiday weeks - last three weeks in Feb, first week in March. And Easter....

If all else fails you would definitely be able to find a hotel in a town like Sallanches, and easy drive from the airport, and within a very easy day's drive of a range of good places to ski. Resort websites are the best place to look - but you won't be able to book much, if anything, at the moment. The French accommodation agencies are not geared up for next season yet (not the ones I've been in touch with about renting, anyway).

Good luck snowHead
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
smudger, If you're going out of peak periods, you could also consider a less expensive resort and get a self-catering apartment / chalet. For example we had a chalet in Les Gets that slept 6, end-January 07, for 600 euros for the week. At 100 euros each, who cares if you only use it for 4 days? You need to shop about on the various independent rental websites though.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
RobMcQ, the trouble with that (we've done that too) is that if you go mid week for a week you have to pay for 2 weeks! But it can still be cheaper than expensive weekend flights, and much less hassle on the roads.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Some of us do offer our apartments to start whenever you wish (outside of the school holidays), outside of the school holidays, as long as you stay longer than three nights. Prices are slightly more though for midweek arrival, as we may be left with odd dates at the end or beginning of the week, although this has not proved to be as much of problem I thought it would be. Someone else usually wants a short break which fills up the vacant dates. We would not be thinking about flexible breaks this far in advance though, as we tend to release the dates 4-6 weeks before if they are still available.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Helen Beaumont wrote:
Some of us do offer our apartments to start whenever you wish

Ditto, subject to a minimum stay of seven nights in my case. In the French resorts I know I'd guess that renting direct from property owners is more likely to provide flexibility, although that mostly means self-catering rather than catered.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
smudger - I'm pretty sure that www.morzinelets.com do non-standard weeks - especially in the Ridge Hotel.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
smudger, Hotel L'Igloo in Morzine certainly takes non-standard bookings....it's b&b but has an equipped kitchen that you can use along with the dining room if you don't mind self catering to keep yourself on budget.

Otherwise you will almost certainly get odd dates staying down the valley, we've stayed down in Sallanches a couple of times which is great for the budget although not for the apres ski! You can get all the way from Les Carroz to Les Houches and up to Megeve, St Gervais and Espace Diamont (via Praz sur Arly) in easy day trips with a car. It's a good base for an exploring holiday if you don't mind being away from the action of a resort.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
There's a Chalet in Tignes that does short and start any day breaks. Advertises on Snow-Forecast.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy