Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Whistler trip march 2009

Poster: A snowHead
Hi All

Anyone know of good companies who offer reasonable trips to Canada- Whistler?
All 4 in the party are from Leeds or Brimingham.
We are looking for reasonable central accommodation, flights and transfer info, i suppose any help would be great.
Or a full package deal, just a reasonable deal..... lol

I have booked through Crystal for 4 of us, however once booked the upgrades from cattle class were silly. British Airways £649, Zoom £265 all above the books price, zooms upgrade is £30 -£50, Crystal price for this £265! Anyone work that one out.
To be honest it has put me off using Crystal... Am a cutting my nose of to spite my face? Maybe!

Anyone else fancy joining my jolly group give me a shout, at the mo its 3 boys and 1 girl on the Canada trip, looking at the 7th March 2009. Also we do a lot of Europe trips (group of 12).

Current deal £1500 for 14 days, flying Manchester-Glasgow- Vancouver. Ski pass for 13 days. Glacers Reach! anyone been?

Justin
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Justin

Try Inghams, they are doing some great early bird discounts if you're willing to book early!

I am also looking to go Canada around that week so if we hook up we might get a group discount on top too. What Euro trips have you got lined up?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I stayed here in Glaciers Reach and it was great, maybe a slowish 10 minute walk to the lifts and 9 nights was about $2,100 for the apartment if i remember correctly. DIY is easy for Whistler

http://www.alluradirect.com/678/index.cfm?contentID=PhotoGallery
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hi There

We always go snow boarding for Christmas, have done for years now, it was Mayohofen this year, i went twice just 3 week in-between. In the hope to get a powder week.
Easter break there is normally one. And after Christmas we look around for cheap deals.

Due to the snow conditions getting worse i wanted to get a group to America or Canada to enjoy some real powder.

What about you?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
eco,

I will need as many hols as I can get, but for the time being Glaciers Reach view from the apartment and a typical piste for the week

snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Hi Rayscops

Thanks for the info, $2,100- looks like it can sleep 4- 6 people. So this is rented as one fee for the accomidation for the time. Yes?

How did you get on with transfers from Vancoover to Whistler? Which Company is best to use?
Who is the best people to fly with?

You infromation is great news if we want to do a DIY trip,

Thanks

Justin
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Wow that look amazing, im just putting on my boots and board now. lol
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
eco, yes the rental was one fee, based upon the number of nights obviously (Feb 2007), it was two double/twin rooms plus a double sofa in the lounge so could sleep six I suppose, but there was only two of us so it was really spacious.

Transfer could be by coach (maybe $70 one way now?) which needs to be reserved in advance as it gets fully booked, especially if you are arriving on a Friday evening when the Vancouver locals also take the coach up the mountain. We did not arrange the coach in advance and had to take a stretch limo instead for $240 one way (lump sum fee), which was fantastic as you can have a stop on the way if you want and also you can buy a few beers for the ride.

check out some of the Reports of trips to Whistler on this thread

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=5047
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Sounds magic with a bit a posh, limos and all that. lol

So where did you originaly find glaciers reach?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
eco, the Whistler web page or googled it I think. For a group of four or more the limo is no more expensive than the bus, but a lot more relaxed
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Yeh just been looking at the Limo $350 on the sites i have found i would presume that is one way of course.

Are you going next year?

Smile
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
eco, we used this company for a transfer. We booked a private minimbus for 6 of us which worked out around the same price as booking the shuttle, and it took you door to door. www.perimeterbus.com
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
eco, maybe Canada in Jan - cheapest flights then
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Ian, Thanks very much for the link
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
In January, is it not still very cold up there>
snow report
eco, Whistler Village at 700 meters and top of mountain at 2200 meters ...... probably not too different from, say, Tignes/Val Thoren with village at 2000 + meters and glaciers at 3000 + meters. It is winter and snowy though wink so a bit of a chill is to be expected Very Happy
ski holidays
LOL yeh so load so snowy weather. Very Happy
snow conditions
Anyone going to whistler on the 7th March?
ski holidays
eco, i will still be there then
ski holidays
Hi there. I went to Whistler last year for a week with Nielsons - a friend organised it. They were fine, although I'm not sure how the price compared to DIY as I didn't compare it.

I'm planning two trips to Whistler this winter: two weeks in March for a group ~6-8 and am looking into DIY/package, and two weeks in December where I will almost certainly DIY it as I want to arrange my dates to fit in some camps. Unfortunately for the December trip, I haven't managed to convince any of my friends to come along so it looks like it's just going to be me:( What's the best option for reasonable accommodation for one?

Has anyone hired a car for the transfer? This year my friend wanted to see some of Vancouver on the day of our return flight so hired a car from Whistler (Avis I think) and drove to the airport. I think it was pretty cheap.
snow conditions
Alright Paul

You working out there or live there?

Which ever we will have to hook up, you will now all the best places yes?

Justin
latest report
Hi Jc

I looked at single person trip last year, basicly you pay for two, keep me posted as if i have some extra cash by them, i am always up for as much snowbaording as i have the money to buy.
I looked at the cost of the car hire vancover to Whistler was around £60, but do you really want to drive after a 11 hour flight. lol

Justin
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy