Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Next Seasons ... FREERANDO BOOTS ...

Poster: A snowHead
I have heard that there is to be a substantial increase in the the range and number of Freerando Boots on the market next season, though I haven't seen details yet ... ! The marketing bods are probably keeping things back to be able to splash in the Autumn .... Shocked

I wonder if the bootfitters have any information, or links that would help to greatly increase my knowledge and understanding of the boot world .... Laughing

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Thu 12-06-08 18:36; edited 3 times in total
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Welcome to my world, what can i tell you, there is masses of information.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Some nice to knows:

Who's in the game?

Clog width

Bootfitters take on where it fits on the Free v Rando scale

Why you aren't stocking that line/model if you're not (ie. what to look out for with it)

I understnd that Tecnica are getting in on the act as well as the usual suspects + BD.

Whether any UK stores are brave enough to go there beyond a token boot in the range.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
fatbob, I do something like that tomorrow, got Vanessa Paridis waiting for me. Cool I'll let you know how it goes. wink
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
fatbob, ... don't forget heel sizes & new colours as well .... Laughing
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Thought that they would jump onto this. The mould was cast with the Endo's and others making these types very versatile now..ie, comfortable performance boot. Who needs racing boots anymore, unless you want to race..?
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
JT, I think they have to some extent ... though keeping it a bit quiet. SMALLZOOKEEPER, told me earlier in the season that there was a lot happening for 2009.

I think my liners are approaching the end of their usefull life so I am interested to see what's out there .... wink
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
BernardC, can we change the title of this thread to what happened when SZK met Vanessa Paridis?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
jbob wrote:
BernardC, can we change the title of this thread to what happened when SZK met Vanessa Paridis?

And did Johnny Depp visit too?
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
BernardC,

I like the G-fit in the Endos..and you get a weight gain for good measure. Not designed to walk about in the liner only, so maybe not as robust in that regard, but otherwise, it seems win-win to me. good fit AND weight save.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
jbob, .... your wish is granted .....

.... signed ...

Genie Laughing
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
black diamond are entering the market and scarpa are producing lots of interesting new models

i think this has already been discussed on here - keep up people!

or have a look at www.wildsnow.com
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Arno, neither Lou nor Lee Lau look anything like Vanessa Paridis. Evil or Very Mad
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Ok not the real Vanessa P, by my version, Laetitcia.
NehNeh
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
And what happened? Pure filth. Toofy Grin
snow conditions
SMALLZOOKEEPER, Has she still not got rid of her Athletes foot? Confused
snow conditions
Arno wrote:
black diamond are entering the market and scarpa are producing lots of interesting new models

This seems to be a common theme, but there doesn't appear to be any information on any new 2009 Freerando boots. Scarpas website doesn't feature any and if the boot people on here don't know anything, then it might be just a load of marketing hype or a load of something else ... Laughing
snow report
Next year is big on Free Rando BernardC, i'll get something up her when i get a moment, real busy just now.
ski holidays
SMALLZOOKEEPER, .... thanks! ... if you are busy now then lets say in 30 minutes then ... ? Toofy Grin

honestly ... no major rush ... Laughing but in these long Summer days it's nice to mull over the proposed purchase of ski boots ... Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
BernardC wrote:
honestly ... no major rush ... Laughing but in these long Summer days it's nice to mull over the proposed purchase of ski boots ... Laughing Laughing

I got a new pair of skis delivered yesterday High Society Freerides plus Duke bindings, so I've been caressing them lovingly to help while away the hours until the snow comes back Smile
snow report
rob@rar, .... Laughing Laughing Laughing

..... hope you are wearing gloves ... High Society Freerides have sharp edges .... Toofy Grin
ski holidays
BernardC, We can do it bit by bit.

Let's start with BD who would like the catalogue in PDF? PM me your Email or log onto Skype and search for SMALLZOOKEEPER
ski holidays
SMALLZOOKEEPER, PM Sent.

rob@rar, HS FR's are a bit overkill for a snow dome, but I just had to try them out before next season!
latest report
BernardC wrote:
rob@rar, .... Laughing Laughing Laughing

..... hope you are wearing gloves ... High Society Freerides have sharp edges .... Toofy Grin

BernardC, gloves are certainly in order as the edges on Rob's new toys have been somewhat breathed on wink
latest report
SMALLZOOKEEPER wrote:
...i'll get something up her when i get a moment, real busy just now.

Shocked you're too busy for that? Shocked Shocked wink
snow report
Toofy Grin
latest report
FenlandSkier, ... FREUDZOOKEEPER, .... Laughing
ski holidays
rob@rar,

You have Thunders as well.......didn't you like them..???
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
JT, no I looked for some Thunders but they seemed to be sold out everywhere. The High Societys were my next option and I got them for a great end-of-season price, about £150 cheaper than a new pair of Thunders would have cost me at the start of next season. I tried the High Societys for an afternoon at the 07 Bash and liked them, so couldn't resist them at the sale price that Spyderjon was selling them for.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy