Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Playing with Avalanche Tranceiver

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I've recently become the proud owner of an Avalanche Tranceiver (how I got it is a long but boring story). I have the instruction manual but I'd like to practice before taking it on a skiing holiday and for that I need at least one other tranceiver.

Would any of you be interested in meeting to have a practice session Puzzled

Snowheads without their own transceivers would be welcome as long as at least one other person has one.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
rich.ll, if you cant get anyone to have a practice here quite a few resorts now have "avalanche camp" areas where you can do simulated searches of single and multiple burials.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I'm pretty sure i've seen something of a few people getting together for a practice. Do a search and see what it comes up with...
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
rich.ll wrote:
I've recently become the proud owner of an Avalanche Tranceiver (how I got it is a long but boring story).

It's a long boring summer, plenty of time to tell the full tale Toofy Grin but if it involves "a mate found it up a mountain" then we've heard it before wink
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
FenlandSkier, A group of friends with transceiver's got together to practice. One person was buried, when the others searched for him (having sunk a few beers to forget where he was) they found his receiver in the car. Result was, one fewer friend, one spare transceiver Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Shocked
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
FenlandSkier, You know full well that all you do is paddle round and find the least sinkiest ground Twisted Evil
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy