Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snowiest/wettest spring in Pyrenees in 40 years at least

Poster: A snowHead
One pic of the Aneto this morning; top of range....6-8meters of snow above 2800m....and more on the way!!

Some weather stations have recieved more than 800mm during the months of April and May, all of the altitude stations have recieved at least 650mm in the two months!!!! Shocked Shocked Shocked The snow is continuous above 2200m. The snowpack is about 4 meters at 2700m and in the higher massifs reaches 6-8 meters easily[/img]
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Time to find a local guide and get the touring skis out!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
philw, go and see Rob and Emma.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
metalhead132, .... and the skins .... Laughing
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
yeeeah, don't forget the skins!!! very important Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/manchester/7441901.stm
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Sun 8-06-08 10:14; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
More pics this past weekend,

Avalanche Danger is high!!!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
http://www.skipass.com/forums/enmontagne/direct/pyrenees/sujet-95407.html

http://www.flickr.com/photos/21991147@N04
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
metalhead132, I was reading in the Irish papers last week that Barcelona was suffering severe water shortages and they have been shipping in water from France as they haven't had decent rainfall in 2 years, will this make much difference to the resevoirs?
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thats a staggering amount of snow Little Angel great photos, reminds me i have been away from the mountains for too long!
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
still seems to be forecasting more precipitation for the next several days, all over, and some very cold weather at the end of the week; freezing even at quite modest altitudes. Brr.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Peter Ross wrote:
metalhead132, I was reading in the Irish papers last week that Barcelona was suffering severe water shortages and they have been shipping in water from France as they haven't had decent rainfall in 2 years, will this make much difference to the resevoirs?

In only 2 months we have recovered of 4 years of water lack.
It's incredible.

In some places it has fallen the water that normally falls down in one year in only 3 months.

The drought here has ended. Things of the Mediterranean climate.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
metalhead132, super photos on the linked pages also, I thought that mountain on the skipass.com report was surprisingly busy with ski tourers. Good to hear the drought is over.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Peter Ross wrote:
metalhead132, super photos on the linked pages also, I thought that mountain on the skipass.com report was surprisingly busy with ski tourers. Good to hear the drought is over.

Yes, Aneto in weekends is always busy because is the highest peak of Pyrenées. The same thing happens in Mont Blanc!!
snow conditions
Its far too wet if you ask me, here in Luchon I am developing webbed feet. The temperatures are well below normal, and the rainfall is way above normal which doesnt bode well for the start of the Desman Trophy this weekend.

Great photo's metalhead...............
ski holidays
Looks like a fun event the Desman Trophy.

snow report
I was an official guest (municipal duties) at the launch of the 2008 Desman Trophy last night which saw 29 teams of 6 from across Europe introducing themselves to various amounts of applause and well intentioned barracking. This morning they kicked off the series with the orienteering stage in lovely sunshine, and with any luck they would have completed the stage before the heavens opened later this afternoon.

It is a great event, mixing serious sport (orienteering, rando, vtt, kayak and rafting) with fun and more importantly providing a great shop window for the Pyrenees.
snow conditions
Really amazing spring, lots of precipitacion, and temperatures below average (2-3ºC below average in May, and the same this half june it's shocking).

The snowlimit level skiable is now (average) at 2100-2300m in N faces, and 2400-2700m in S faces, and the conditions are a normal late april conditions. I lost this last epic 2 months due my broken knee Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad .

About my knee, all the things run OK, better than expected because today I return at work, and now I'm able to run 20-30min without any problems, etc. and I recovered the most part of the flexion, only a few cm to touch my ass with the heel. Laughing Laughing Laughing Now it's time to do lot of aerobic exercise to fit it.

A couple of links of this past weekends conditions.....EPIC:
http://edunz.blogspot.com/2008/06/volta-al-ballibierna-3067m-mbeas3-vall.html

http://edunz.blogspot.com/2008/05/aneto-3404m-bea-s3-masss-de-les.html
ski holidays
Quote:

About my knee, all the things run OK,

That's good news. Take it easy. Sorry about all those epic conditions you missed; next year, maybe? snowHead
snow report
Aneto, 14/6
snow report
METALHEAD 132: Where did you take the latest picture from?
ski holidays
Pis is taken in route from to Portillon de Benas

http://www.climaynievepirineos.com/foro/viewtopic.php?t=110
ski holidays
Swirly wrote:
philw, go and see Rob and Emma.

Oh... I can't find where I stuck their website link... and I know a couple who are interested in taking a look. Anyone have it to hand?
ski holidays
Scarpa, mountainbug.com, I believe.
latest report
Global warming huh... Laughing Laughing
snow report
Tis be called climate change now which is also about extreme weather Wink
ski holidays
metalhead132,

Stunning hill... I though you might have skied it..
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
AlTom, Very good news about your knee. You will be fit for December for sure now. Very Happy
snow conditions
philw, Cheers for that
ski holidays
Scarpa, sorry missed that it's the one philw said.
latest report
Does that mean that in Feb it's going to be dry or will hopefully there be good snow then as well? Wink
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy