Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Getting to Snowmass?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all, some advice please.
I have a chance of a friend's condo in Snowmass, but am unsure how to get there. I guess we would fly into Denver, but after that what is the best thing to do? Is there a regular bus service to Aspen/ Snowmass? I'm not keen on driving, particularly at night with jetlag etc.
Also, what is Snowmass like for me( intermediate skier) and my 13 year old boarder beginner?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Snowweasel, I've been to Snowmass once, and got there by a little plane from Denver to Aspen and then bus. It was fine, but I gather that the Denver/Aspen flight is often cancelled because of snow. Masses of good skiing for an intermediate skier, not sure about boarder beginner.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
If you fly into Denver then you have the choice of two direct flight from LHR (either BA or United) then for a transfer try Colorado Mountain Express for transfers, http://www.ridecme.com/. You could fly into Aspen airport but generally the flight times dont work out brilliantly - it is a seasonal route and can be subject to alteration. Snowmass should be fine it has an excellent child school. For beginners Buttermilk is the best but Snowmass has a bit for everyone. Aspen is quite gnarly.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
You can fly into Aspen, either directly from Denver or from Chicago. (you may not see it now since the route is seasonal and disappears in the summer). There's always some risk of storm cancelling flights. But then, storm could also close roads just as easily. I personally don't worry too much about that.

Another option is hang around at Denver for a night and take a ground transfer by bus. I don't prefer it but that's only because my flight to Denver is a lot shorter than yours. Wink The potential benefit of spending a night at Denver is the intermediate step up in altitude. Snowmass is at ~9000ft. Sleeping at that altitude is a challenge even without the jetlag. As others would point out, you can't use alcohol to help with the sleeping either.

There's plenty of terrain for any ability level. You and your son should enjoy it quite well.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
As others have pointed out, flying to Aspen is great, but they are often cancelled due to weather. Ours was and we spent the night in Denver airport Toofy Grin Saying that we were on the first flight out and arrived around 8.30 am. Dumped the gear grabbed some food and hit the slopes for 9.30 am. Had a great bluebird day and slpet well that night - no jetlag what so ever.

Have also done the CME route, but Denver is around four hours by road, if planning CME transfer, look for flights into Eagle airport, as its only around one and half hrs transfer.

Snowmass should be fine for the both of you Smile
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Snowmass is a great ski area with something for everyone. It is worth visiting the other 3 mountains aswell. The transfers are as have been stated above. The only thing I would add is that 2 years ago when we went CME only operated a transfer to Snowmass once every 3 hours, so if like us you just miss one it's a long wait, on top of a long transfer after a long flight!!!! If I went again I think I would try to fly into Eagle or Aspen. We had a great time there and would recommend it Very Happy
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks to all. Great advice! Much appreciated
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy