Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski and Board Camp Tignes 08 - November

Poster: A snowHead
Well we couldn't make October or December, so we are going in November, mid-week. We are not just anti-social, honest!

We will be there from 17th - 20th November - any other Snowheads going then?

Robin
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
RobinS, might seriously consider it, as it is hubby's birthday on the 18th. We aren't anti social either, vut December trip is too close to our New Year one, and can't get the time off in October.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
November 30th, Me and some. Very Happy
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Helen Beaumont, would be good to see you there - skiing seems an ideal way to spend a birthday! Will keep this near the top to see if can interest anyone else
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Well we've booked our flights, Easyjet, Luton - GVA for £111.96 for the two of us. Still be happy to any other Snowheads there!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Hi RobinS

Fairly new to snowheads, but thanks to pam_w and JoanneMS I will be there 20->23.

Have you been before ?

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Mon 13-10-08 15:21; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
taemo, This will be our first time to Tignes, and first time skiing that time of year. We are just treating it as an "extra", so I'm sure we'll have fun - we'll try not to use up all the snow before you get there Little Angel
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Yeah, will be my second time to Tignes/VDI but definitely the first snow of the season Smile

Ive so got my fingers crossed that we get a little extra snow!

I really meant is it your first time going on one of these Ski and Boot camps, they sound great, can
believe I havent heard of it before!. Joanne was really helpful in booking so I think its going to
be a great weekend. Im sure there will be enough snow to keep us busy Smile

We go the last places that weekend so I was just wondering who else is going to be there.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
RobinS i'm heading there on those dates too! Very Happy we're two snowboarders. pm me if you wanna meet up at the london freeze event - we'll be at the freeze on 26th Oct. we can also discuss flight arrivals etc.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
taemo, It's our first time to one of these camps as well!

sherlock235, We are two skiers, flying into Geneva quite early in the day on the Monday - still waiting for details of transfers to decide what to do for thspare time in between! Shan't be at the Freeze - try to avoid going to London as much as possible!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
RobinS, my mate's also flying in earlier than i am - i get in around 1745, she'll be there around 1200, but is off to go sight-seeing before we head off to tignes. i was told the transfer will be at 1900? hope it still is! really looking forward to it and getting just a little bit excited... *jumps up and down in her seat - 5 weeks to go, 5 weeks to go* Laughing Laughing Laughing

Last edited by snowHeads are a friendly bunch. on Tue 14-10-08 22:51; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
RobinS,

A group of 3 or 4 of us are out there on the 25th November, if anybody else is there. Looking forward to getting in some pre season practice Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Only one week to go snowHead snowHead snowHead
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
oh yeah!!! counting down seconds now cos the day count is under ten! Embarassed can't bleeding wait to hit the slope and do my first wipeout Laughing
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I noticed that they have a list of the skis and boards available on the website now as well - sure that wasn't there when I last looked.
snow report
Me and 3 friends will be there on the 24th for our first Camp, can't wait! See you there!!
latest report
Steve203rd,

We are there on Tue evening skiing Wed to Friday

might see you in the bar rolling eyes
ski holidays
Steve203rd, kwakazx6r, We'll try to leave some snow for you, (and maybe not drink all the beer!) Twisted Evil
snow conditions
kwakazx6r, O, never thought of going to the bar! Arm twisted, I'm sure we can be there!!

RobinS, Ever seen a grown man cry?!!!!
snow conditions
Have just seen the forecast for next week, O my O my. Happy days!!

Anyway, does anyone know how many runs are open and the likelihood of being able to ski down to resort?
snow report
Steve203rd,

Just read this from SCGB website

'Over in France, it's currently possible to ski back down to the bottom of the funicular at Tignes only via the Double M piste, but the new snow should help to open more runs.'

Sound like we are in for a treat Very Happy Very Happy
latest report
kwakazx6r, Steve203rd,
you're in luck: i've just got back from a tignes trip yesterday and it's predicted to dump loads from today until tuesday. snow cannons were going on double m, so you are able to come all the way down, but it was quite icy and scary at places. i wasn't aware of any other open runs that come all the way down. the predicted dump should help things along wonderfully. they were starting to run the other lifts to the left and right at the bottom of the funicular whilst we were there mon-thurs so i'm thinking they're likely to open these up soon - maybe even before the official start of the season. you'll have loads of fun when you get out there next week.
ski holidays
sherlock235, Thanks for that info - far too excited to sleep now!
latest report
Steve203rd, no worries - you'll have a great time! am currently doing the downer bit of my hols, so starting to feel a wee bit sorry for myself and v jealous again of anyone lucky enough to be on the mountains. rolling eyes Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow report
Steve203rd, We were out at the same time as sherlock235 apart from truly atrocious visibilty on Tuesday the conditions are excellent. It was our first trip to Tignes, and we skied every open run and quite a few bits in between. Parts of the the bottom of the Liesse black are icy (proper blue ice), and the Double M I would describe as "very firm" rather than true ice. Everything else was was perfect snow. They were forecasting storms and snow over the weekend, so as long as the wind is OK it should good next week. Mountainsun had the whole thing really well organised as well, transfers sorted, supper on arrival, sorted out skis at 7am on the first day, and lift passes etc no hassle. Not a huge chioce of skis, but MrsS got a pair of Rossi Attraxion Vs, perfect for her, I started on Scott Punishers when it was snowing, then in the sunshine moved onto Atomic Drive 11 piste carvers. All in all it was an excellent start to our season.
ski holidays
sherlock235,
RobinS,

Thanks for the updates - really cant wait now Very Happy
latest report
Also from me: Thanks for all the info everyone, happy days!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy