Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

I like to ski but i'm afraid of snow

Poster: A snowHead
what can I do?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Well u brain, don't think about joining the SCGB - apparently they're not too interested in snow sports enthusiasts. If you like the idea of a club with one foot in the grave of the early 20th Century and the other on a rollerskate, then cough up your £49 membership fee and prepare to die in obscurity.

Otherwise, I hear that Evolution2 are quite good - now who was it that suggested them to me..........? Wink
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I thought I'd come and swell exile numbers!!! Having only ever used the ski club forum before this 'bb' system is a lot nicer!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
snow can't hurt U, silly! Wink
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hello there, another defecting SCGB member here.

I'd be scared of snow - the yellow variety has often caused me problems.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Afternoon all - and nice to see U Brain is here - I obviously recognise you as a regular on the SCGB site and noticed you on the list of apparent non-members who had been locked out.

I personally dont care where or what forum we use - I am a member of SCGB but only for the time being.

Rebels Unite!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I'm hoping to get some kind of alliance going with Alan Craggs and Alex Presland - if we all focus in the same direction it should be cool.

Of course the S-club could always pull a U-turn on us just to wind us up! rolling eyes
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I think that they have destroyed so much goodwill with members and non-members alike that a U turn will make very little difference now. Even the response from Laura to my e-mail complaint sent yesterday was dismissive to the extent that she had clearly not read my original e-mail to her properly as it contained suggestions that she then repeated to me , suggesting they were proposed by somebody else.
It will be intersting to see how many members drop out by this time next year.
With reduced membership income, the ski rep service will suffer, and the ability to negotiate discounts for members will be adversely affected.
Let's get a combined site between u brain, alan and Alex organised.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hi guys, I'm a member here now... ready to start talking about what we're going to do long-term for a discussion forum.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Laura's response to emails Re: SCGB chat has been:
"I understand your points very well. They will certainly be included when
this matter is discussed, but at the moment there is no plan to
re-instate it."

Don't expect a u-turn too soon.

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Sat 7-02-04 9:14; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Further to that response from Laura, I've asked her to pass on a request to inform the members when the discussion is likely to take place.

Wonder what the chances are that we're informed.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
This is much better software - good one
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I'm here too - could get used to this rather nice board software! Very Happy
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
u brain wrote:
what can I do?

I really wouldn't know, I presume you've tried aversion therapy.

BTW I really prefer Beehive as a forum, it has the wonderfull advantage of being threaded, so you can reply to individual posts instead of just ading on the the bottom.

well done anyway :-)
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Hello Arnie,
Welcome and thank you for your advice/criticism.
Did U know the ski club shut out non-members from their forum yesterday effetively exiling hundreds of contributors.

hence we r here trying to give them somewhere to go.
snow conditions
u brain wrote:
Hello Arnie,
Welcome and thank you for your advice/criticism.
Did U know the ski club shut out non-members from their forum yesterday effetively exiling hundreds of contributors.

hence we r here trying to give them somewhere to go.

gotcha, not meant as criticism (far too tired when I posted)
ski holidays
hee hee, I sounded tetchy didn't I? Well it was even later when I was reading your post - no tetchiness intended, really - it's good to see U here, obviously Exclamation
ski holidays
Another defector (escapee?) here - off to Tignes on Sunday. Cool
snow report
Have fun! (Mutter mutter.... b******!) wink
snow conditions
Just wanted to say Hi.......I never used the SCGB forums but got a link from the Winterhighland forums to this site. Having read peoples opinions of the current "boo haa" regarding non members being excluded qand the apparent mass exodus, i'd say that they've burned their bridges already. Whether they do a U-turn or not is probably irrelavent by now as lots of ski nuts are gonna like this forum a whole lot!......
snow conditions
Poo poo (girls in blue got here 1st!!)- sorry guys I was just testing the built in filter - if the 'boyz in bleu' don't get to it first I'll delete it as soon as I'v had a shower.

mornin' tidlypeeps.
snow conditions
I'm more inclined to think that the poo poo filter is manual rather than auto pilot! so I'll move this to a new thread! See you later girls. . . Twisted Evil
snow conditions
Hi Mark Hunter, Just seen this thread when it came to the top.

Quote:
Otherwise, I hear that Evolution2 are quite good - now who was it that suggested them to me..........?

Are you suggesting you have a commercial interest in running down the club?
snow report
Nick, don't forget much of this thread was written in the fraught days just after the SCGB closed the open forum.
snow report
Masque,

Doubly naughty - promoting an ancient thread (I read all the way down getting increasingly baffled before I cottoned on about the time warp) and only to test the profanity filter. U Brain and the backroom boys have done a great job on it. Trust them.
It does have quirks in what passes (rearward gases are OK) and what is doomed to auto conversion to nursery-speak. From earlier tests, the ship's 'anchor' preceeded by a W produced something odd ?? Can't recall what...... ?
Wink Wink Wink
ski holidays
Hi Nick, yes we were all quite "animated" back then. The reference to the quote related to a specific response to U's fear of snow and an earlier recommendation from him to me about trying Evolution2 (ski school) as opposed to ESF during a proposed trip to Tignes - excellent advice as it turned out.
latest report
The Profanity Filter works in "Preview". You can have fun (if really bored) seeing what comes out. Interesting what produces Blush . I think Admin might be in need of some therapy.
snow report
Jonpim,
Quote:

The Profanity Filter works in "Preview".

TVM for the tip - one more way of time wasting ........... as if I needed one. Cool
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
kuwait_ian, same here! I was very confused until I cottoned on that the thread started at the beginning of Feb!
latest report
Thanks for coming back,Mark Hunter and Ian Hopkinson.

I remain rather fond of the club and want it to keep going.

I guess there was a touch of "Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get me" in my question to Mark.

Cheers
latest report
u brain wrote:

Avoid Freudian analysis. It's been a disaster for me.

Have you read 'The Cat in the Hat Comes Back' by Dr Seuss? This adventure involves a cat, a cake, and a huge amount of snow that turns pink. I found that this book cured my fear of snow.
snow conditions
u brain wrote:

Here in Milton Keynes we have a substantial 'snow superstore' where we can supply taster packs for anyone who suspects they have an allergy or fear. 'Milton Keynes Snow' is also available in gift or souvenir packs.
latest report
And there was me thinking that particular sock puppet had been unstitched for good rolling eyes
snow report
rob@rar, he is an impostor... I will be round with the scissors Evil or Very Mad

David Goldsmith, impressive progress in your literacy Toofy Grin
snow conditions
DG, given you've resurrected this thread from the mists of time and seem to start an awful lot of SCGB related threads would you agree that you are somewhat obsessed by said club?

By the way are you aware the site appears to automatically change your name to Dave Goldfish when a message with it included is posted?
ski holidays
roga, the resurrection of this thread is part of the 5th anniversary celebrations of snowHeads. It has nothing to do with the SCGB.
snow conditions
roga wrote:
... are you aware the site appears to automatically change your name to Dave Goldfish ...

My fishmonger pointed this out to me earlier today. Apparently the operator of this site views it as some sort of fish farm.
snow conditions
David Goldfish wrote:
roga, the resurrection of this thread is part of the 5th anniversary celebrations of snowHeads. It has nothing to do with the SCGB.

Nowt to do with any interest in the SCGB then?! Laughing
David Goldfish wrote:
roga wrote:
... are you aware the site appears to automatically change your name to Dave Goldfish ...

My fishmonger pointed this out to me earlier today. Apparently the operator of this site views it as some sort of fish farm.

LOL, so you're not going to carp about it Wink
ski holidays
No. I'm resigned to the fact that there is a sole owner of this site, and I'm comfortable with it.
snow report
At the risk of gegging in on a private exchange, does this thread take the award for the biggest bump Laughing
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy