Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Finally got some Salomon Force Boots.

Poster: A snowHead
Won some Integral Equipe Force F9.1's of Ebay.
I had some Integral Equipes 9.1 (purple) back in the late 90's and a foot growth spurt put the end to them, so I bought new a set of Xwave 9's. Always thought when I moved to these that they weren't as responsive as the Integrals, and felt like a backward move..
I'm amazed with these, though secondhand how good the heel hold is in these, and everything's ok with them sole wise etc. Even the toe box is roomy for my gammy big toe.

I wondered if anyone remebered any interesting stuff on them? All I can remember is Scott Schmidt wore them in PTEX lies and Duct Tape, but I can't place performance wise they would have sat as the the pair I had were very tight and thin on the liner whereas these appear much more substancial liner wise.
Flex is 100 so they're on par with the xwaves, but I reckon they're better.
Any views?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
johnDUB, "any views?"

Yep. You is mad.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
p.s. you don't "win" on eBay, you "buy".
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
p.p.s. scissors cutting paper means edit, though you prob knew that but wanted to bump your post count up Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Darth Murdoch, 'foot growth spurt in the late 90's'. Youngsters these days ...
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
johnDUB, WHY?! In fact, as long as your happy!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
that boot looked like a startled cod, those two little rivets on the top of the toebox Toofy Grin Toofy Grin , oh yes and if you get a torx key [in size 20 i seem to remember] you can remove all sorts of intersting bits...just don't expect to get them back together in a hurry Little Angel
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
johnDUB, got photos of the beasts? I can't remember what the F9 integrals looked like. Hopefully better than the minging purple equipes, and I remember some particularly awful pink/red combo racing boots (probably Salomon's first attempt at a front-entry) that weren't even cool back in the 90s so god alone knows what they look like now!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I had a pair of the pink integrals. They fell to pieces from the inside out, and the smell of them was vomit inducing. Couldn't wait to get rid.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Sideshow_Bob wrote:
(probably Salomon's first attempt at a front-entry)

Mid-entry, those were, IIRC.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.

All yellow.
I had the Integral 8's which were grey and pink, and the tongue popped out 2nd time I used em. Salomon sugested superglue to hold them back on. I sold them and bought the Purple equipe 9.1. Very tight fitting but I really liked them. I set the forward lean to max and used them for years till the metarsal problem arrised.
So 4 years of xwave 9 hatred and I'm back with the 9.1 Force. I've put a Neone Insole in as per advice from someone on here ( sorry I've forgot your username ) and they are unreal. No heel lift, toe box room, easy access, comfort, though not going for the max forward lean stance. To say they're 14 years old, they're in as good nic as my xwaves. Luv em.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
johnDUB, I bet the forward flex on them is (or certainly was) real smooth. Unless there is plastic fatigue I'm sure they're great. Maybe get a good liner for them?
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
johnDUB, wear them in good health.

I was never happy with those liners; if there was enough room for achilles and lower calf they were probably shredded on the inside.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Liners are good for now. The spare pair I have have buggered liners which are cut up bad at the rear. I summise from sole wear they have not been used much, and the liners had totally relaxed. foam wise, so two nights of wearing them sorted that out. Just a few scuffs. Very happy.

I ended up with another pair off ebay too, the first pair I got for a £5, but the soles are worn at the front, and they don't sit right on the AFD's, so they are spares.

Forward flex is good. I look back at my skiing and I'd say I got more from my old xscreams with the old equipes than what I did with the xwaves. I don't know if anybody'a ski'd the White Lady on Cairngorm mountain, but that was my first serious run with the new xscreams and old equipes and it was memorable and very enjoyable. Always felt i'd gone backwards with the xwave 9's the year after I did that run as they weren't the same 'feel', though alleged same flex. Hmmm...
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
johnDUB wrote:
so two nights of wearing them sorted that out. Just a few scuffs. Very happy.

Thin-legged youngster. Evil or Very Mad rolling eyes wink
snow report
wow, interesting quiver pick!!
snow conditions
I wish comprex, 3 off 40.. rolling eyes

The ski's doc, yeah different. I mainly ski the 3V's now cos they'e easy, but I love to be flat out on the screams. The k2's i've altered the binding point on them as I was sat in the back seat permanantly, so I've checked with a guy in the states who agree's with the scale on the side wall, so now, they are correctly set up for the boots. Idiot S&R tech guy! So.. I might take em to Catleford next month for a laugh with the 3V's.
I blame Plake and Schmidt for the purchase of those rolling eyes Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow report
johnDUB, I regard myself as proven correct on all counts, then. Madeye-Smiley wink
ski holidays
Oh are..
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Salomon-Integral-Force-9s-Ski-Boots_W0QQitemZ130231529531QQihZ003QQcategoryZ93803QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Awesome if your a size 7.
snow conditions
johnDUB, not bad within the yellowish palette, though I would certainly pick

these instead.
ski holidays
Wow, old skool, remember them.. Have you seen the 897 driver suspenson bindings on the screams? I got them brand new 2 months ago, boxed and virgin.
Next for collecton is a pair of K2 4's and some rear entry salomon force boots, bit like messrs schmidt is wearing here http://www.star-style.com/live-your-dreams/sschmidt.htm

Just to add to the collection as you do Laughing
snow conditions
johnDUB wrote:
Wow, old skool, remember them.. Have you seen the 897 driver suspenson bindings on the screams? I got them brand new 2 months ago, boxed and virgin.

Yeah, bit of anchronism, eh?

The TNF fartbags are quite a collectors' item now.
ski holidays
Can honestly say I never went and bought a fart bag. Came close with some Nevica gear though.
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
I'll be a skiin anchronism next year Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
latest report
johnDUB wrote:
Can honestly say I never went and bought a fart bag. Came close with some Nevica gear though.
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
I'll be a skiin anchronism next year Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Me too. Got me some NAVAs.

snowHead Very Happy snowHead Very Happy snowHead snowHead Very Happy
snow report
I like them. snowHead
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy