Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Gstaad Superski Resort Report Feedback Thread

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
This is a feedback thread for agenterre's resort report:

Gstaad Superski (2008)

Feel free to add, comment, or write your own report...
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
A nice report.

It is not easy to see a feedback from Gstaad area. Only been there in the summer. In winter I was attracted to other bigger areas. I am sure there is a lot on offer but for the same distance (from Geneva) one might go to Porte Du Soleil first and then Gstaad second. There are so many concentrated large resorts like 4 Vallees, Cran Montana, Chamonix, Faine, Megeve etc in the same area.

Since you have visited the 7 unlinked resorts what would be the best route and access direction? I was rather put off by the steep and twisty narrow side road from Bex via the Geneva/Lausanne/Montreux side. May be the road through Aigle is more reasonable.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
saikee, Yes .. if I were travelling on 'holiday' , PDS and 4 Vallees would be first on my list based upon what you see/read as well ( and have done both beforehand as a consequence) . Easy to miss great areas as many point out on this forum ! The best 'area' imho is Zweisimmen/ Sconried/ Saanenemoser .. easiest and fastest road access ( and it is very easy by alpine standards) is the motorway to Bulle and then Chateau-d'oex etc if you're coming from the West ( ie Geneva etc) .. from the North then Spiez to Zweisimmen is very easy as well. From the South ( and Valias) Aigle and through Les Diablerets ... but go via Lausanne and Bulle if it is 'snowy'.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Agenterre, Hark at Alan Wicker. Laughing
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
SMALLZOOKEEPER, Get back and watch the soccer ... ps isnt he younger than me ? Razz
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Agenterre, I ain't watching soccer, too busy slapping 'Gus.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
SMALLZOOKEEPER, ... well I hope you didnt slap the boy too hard .... his face seems to have changed shape though ....
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Was in Gstaad for a long weekend at the end of Jan... arrived in mid afternoon in what can only be described as a "ghost town".... lots of posh hotels and shops.... snow on the ground (unusuallly so, I hear)... went for a few beers.... dead.... got ski's from a hard to find ski shop... (easier to buy lobster, caviar and champagne than ski's in Gstaad).... got up the following morning... took the train to the smaller Eggli sector... nobody skiing... fantastic snow... slopes to ourselves... but only one bar on mountain up 3 flights of stairs.. went across to another sector....fantastic skiing... nobody about... perfect grooming... sunshine... lots of bars and restaurants serving quality food.... skied another sector the following day... sunshine... slopes quiet... no queues.. quality skiing,, quality restaurants....

Gstaad is interesting... easy to get to by train from Geneva... one change in Montreaux.... it seemed quiet... not very lively apres (didn't epxect it).... not many people in the village ski (more a winter holiday resort)... high quality hotels and restaurants... very pretty village... extremely so.... lovely friendly locals... a lot of skiing... in several sectors which, once you've sorted the bus and train timetable are easy to get to... NO queues when we went... perfect grooming... some rickety old lifts but no queues so didn't really matter too much if they were slow.....

Downside... with the exchange rate as it is at 1.5 SFR to the £ it was VERY VERY expensive... made last year in Courcheval 1850 look like a weekend in Bulgaria, financially (with the benefit over Frances finest (?) that we didn't see any Russians) whatsoever!!! Would I go again.... with my wife or in couples for a friendly classy weekend most definately YES.... with a group of 16 guys.... probably not. Funny though... kinda loved it.. Smile
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy