Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

jet2 winter 08/09 available from today

Poster: A snowHead
new routes include Blackpool to Geneva.

Sadly Easter flights from Leeds /Manc quite costly to GVA or Chambery - will wait for Easyjet.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
same as last year they really bump up the Easter hols don't they!

This is for ONE person....going out Sun 12th april, back 19th April Leeds->Geneva for me is a huge...

Base Fare £219.98
Taxes £37.00
Total Fare £256.98

and chambery is

Base Fare £219.98
Taxes £41.00
Total Fare £260.98
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
kitenski, yep, they're my dates too !
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Wow. Blackpool - Geneva. Stand by for the rush of Swiss taking their hols in Blackpool Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Elizabeth B wrote:
Wow. Blackpool - Geneva. Stand by for the rush of Swiss taking their hols in Blackpool Toofy Grin

and the influx of 'kiss me quick' hats down the slopes of Courchevel - ha ha
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Feb half term comes out at £321 per ticket, Leeds/Bradford - Chambery Evil or Very Mad
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Anyone know if they do LBA - VENICE in the winter schedule?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Frosty the Snowman, not on sale at the moment, could be that they are relasing in blocks or could be that they won't be available at all ?
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Changed their flight times quite a bit as well. Sat am flight now leaves 2 hours later = less skiing, and Sun pm flight leaves 2.5 hours earlier = less skiing. Just looking at some of the prices they seem to have increased those quite a bit. Fortunately I did come across a far more civilised way of getting LBA-GVA towards the back end of last season so looks like I'll be using that a lot more next season.
Mosha Marc, if you can fly to Geneva instead then half term flights can be had from Leeds for £240 rtn
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Frosty the Snowman wrote:
Anyone know if they do LBA - VENICE in the winter schedule?

They didnt last year - but it would be nice if they did snowHead
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
BGA wrote:
I did come across a far more civilised way of getting LBA-GVA towards the back end of last season so looks like I'll be using that a lot more next season.

Can you share this priceless info? Is it via Schipol? Private Jet? snowHead
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
kewhoward, both actually wink

KLM via Schipol is much better for weekend. Slightly longer to get there obviously, BUT avoids inevitable Jet2 delays, flight out is on Friday evening so you get full day skiing Saturday, don't have the horrendous Jet2 check in experience and costs are fixed. Pretty seamless transition through Schipol, everything on time, no problems.
The other way of doing it is BMI Leeds to Heathrow then BA to GVA. Did that two weeks ago. Again, all on time, had a pleasant meal at the Gordon Ramsey place in T5, and arrived at GVA about 2000, having left Leeds at 1530. Total cost £170 rtn. Obviously longer but still a more pleasant experience. The private jet option isn't as pricey as you think, providing you can get enough people together - comparable to business class to GVA with BA. Perhaps a snowHead s charter service throughout the winter??

I have to admit I've gone off Jet2 a bit over the last year. Their prices have kept going up since they started in business and they keep chopping and changing their flight times. And if I hear the phrases 'the sky shop is now open and you will be served at your seat', and 'the smallest Euro coin we can accept is the one Euro coin' much more I suspect I will commit an act of terrorism

Last edited by And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports. on Fri 16-05-08 16:52; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
BGA wrote:
Mosha Marc, if you can fly to Geneva instead then half term flights can be had from Leeds for £240 rtn

Thanks my man, that saves us about £320 (which could go to Kiwi1 at this rate!)
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
KLM is not cheap though! Just checked a weekend break in Jan using KLM, comes out at £211 per person, jet2 prices!!!!
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
BGA, never travelled with Jet 2 before but have just booked Belfast to Chambery 7th Feb -14th which is our half term. The flight is £112 each. Bit worried about the comments about delays etc. Can you elaborte?
ski holidays
kitenski, quite true. I was just trying to make the point that there are quite a few other options beside Jet2 from Leeds, and that often they are cheaper (especially at peak times) and the flight times are sometimes better. I've always fallen into the trap of just booking with Jet2 as I thought the other options would be too costly or inconvenient, however as 'budget' airline prices creep steadily upwards the other options become more attractive
snow conditions
ruthie, I probably have a slightly jaundiced view in that last season I took about 16 flights with Jet2 so got exposed to more problems than most. Generally speaking if you are first flight of the day there are not usually too many issues. If you are last flight of the day then more often than not you will be subject to some delay, although it's no worse than Easyjet or Thomsonfly etc.
Compared to using scheduled airlines I find that there are always more delays with the 'budget' carriers, but to put your mind at rest I find Jet2 are no better or worse than any of the others.
The check in experience I mention is peculiar to Leeds, they have their own area within the terminal and never have enough desks open for the Saturday morning flights so the queues are terrible. As a consequence they always end up having to take people to the front to ensure that they make it on time to the gate. At least they have changed the security area recently so the second bottleneck may be reduced
ski holidays
BGA, ok I see right ok. We usually go with Easyjet but Jet 2 are the only carriers to go to Chambery from Belfast apart from one charter flight a week. So I thought we would try it and see. Our flight is at 6.45 am so hopefully will be ok! We are limited here to charter flight which at half term is extortionate or 2 budget airlines.
ski holidays
Ryanair flights for the half-term week (Feb 14th to the 21st) from Stanstead to Salzburg became available yesterday and within a single hour they went from being £54 return (before tax and all their other usual and unreasonable ad-ons) to £300, which comes to around £400 per person. You may as well just fly British airways: it's criminal. Evil or Very Mad
latest report
Blimey, I text our gang at 10.30 and by teatime we're up to 24 in the group for half term. However price per head is now getting stoopid! Evil or Very Mad
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy