Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Mountain Biking in the Three valleys - Any Good?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We are visiting Val Thorens in July and are planning some mountain biking. Just wondering if there any bikers out there who can comment on/advise on bike routes in the 3V's.

We are keen riders who enjoy singletrack and technical trails, such as those on offer at Coed-Y-Brenin and Glentress etc., so don't mind the uphill bits under pedal power.

Any advice would be appreciated as we are finding it difficult to find meaningful info on riding in the area.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
If you ask over on Singletrackworld.com you;ll probably be inundates with replies. I htink it's quite highy regarded, although personally I prefer to ride in the UK and save furrin' travel for skiing Smile
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
One of our neighbours out in France has a teenager who is mountain bike mad - he reckons Les Gets is a very good place for mountain biking. They went there and said the place was thronged with bikes.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
John Crawford, have a look at my site under summer, there are trail maps and lift opening times to download, not a biker myself but plenty are in the meribel and courch valleys in the summer.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I cycled in VT many years ago, and was terribly out of puff trying to go uphill, due to the altitude. I think they now allow cycles to be taken up on the lifts that are open. Probably more info on the VT website.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
John Crawford wrote:
We are visiting Val Thorens in July and are planning some mountain biking. Just wondering if there any bikers out there who can comment on/advise on bike routes in the 3V's.

Do you want lift served mountain biking? If not then I would avoid the Tarentaise entirely and go elsewhere. The Haute-Savoie has been mentioned and the Hautes-Alpes would be a good bet as would the Vercors/Chartreuse/Belledonne area. Ski areas are pretty butt ugly in the summer and the Tarentaise has some of the ugliest - I'd sooner mountain bike in Hounslow Happy.

That said there is some mega race in Val Thorens in the summer over 100+km.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy