Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Scientists warn Mt Ruapehu emitting more gas and heat

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Mt Ruapehu. By Sarah Ivey
Scientists have reported that molten rock appears to be moving higher inside Mt Ruapehu, but it is unclear whether the mountain is about to erupt. The mountain has been monitored closely since a moderate-sized steam eruption in the crater lake last September, when lava erupted onto the Whakapapa Ski Field....Eruptions in 1995 and 1996 wrecked the ski seasons in those years and were economically disastrous for the area, helping to drive the ski resort into receivership after a bad snow season in 1998.

Source: http://www.nzherald.co.nz/section/1/story.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=10509805&ref=rss

Also see nowNews: http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=719012#719012
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I skied on this mountain back in the early 90's and then went back in the summer to see what I was sking on, very interesting to see a lava field that was a ski slope in the winter.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I learnt to ski on this mountain when I was four years old and continued to ski on Ruapehu for 15 years, bad tow ropes dodgy chair lifts, basic facilities, but it was awsome mountain to ski on.

For such a small ski area it had everything to satisfy all levels of sking. My greatest ever ski experince was to trek 4 hours up to the crater lake, rest, take in the views and ski down.

MONGOOSE
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy