Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Meribel Village

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi. Our family and another are staying at the Chalet Boulangerie next Easter in the first week of April. The advertising blurb says;

"It is located just 50m from the Golf chairlift, and you can back ski to the chalet right up until the end of the season".

Questions, then for anyone who knows this part of the world.

1. Is the Golf a chairlift or is it a drag? Regardless of what it says it is, I have seen some piste maps that makes Golf look like a button lift.

2. Lets just say Easter is a warm one. Can we really ski to and from the door? Or is that "creative"?

3. For the kids, how hard is it to ski to Meribel Village?

4. The kids need to be at the Chaudanne daily for lessons. How difficult is it to get there? How hard is it to ski? By bus? How much time is needed?

5. What's the skiing like in the Meribel valley for a) intermediates, and b) little kids who can snow plough at a push?

Think thats about it.....for now.

Many thanks.

PL
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
hi Peter Leuzzi hope you are well

I'd recommend the bus to the Chaudanne in the morning as the Golf chairlift is fairly slow to get up to the altiport then you need to ski down so I reckon it could take 45mins (although I have no idea how fast your kids ski so could be way out with this!)

Bus will be about 15mins and drops you right at the Chaudanne

Every time we've been in 3Vs we've skied down to Meribel village, think there is snowmaking all down that run. The piste can get a bit icy though so may be difficult for the kids. Alternative is to get the bus back round from Meribel centre.

Re the skiing - for intermediates, some wont agree but personally I think the 3Vs is absolutely fantastic. The kids will enjoy the altiport area in meribel which even has a slow area for beginners fenced off. If poss I'd try and get over to Courchevel 1650 with them as well as the slopes there are quiet and gentle, ideal for learning

I'm sure you'll have a great time Very Happy
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
comfortable chair, and it is generally skiable, can get a bit choppy at the very bottom but no worse really than chaudanne...

it is an easy green then turns blue (i think) towards the bottom but is very doable for all but beginners.

4. this can be tricky depending on lesson times and skier ability. the golf chair opens at something like 9 or 910 and it can be a push to get up the chair, then take a short tow rope to ski down to chaudanne and make it in time for lessons at 930.

the bus runs from village to chaudanne but you may have to get a slightly earlier start... SOme friends with little ones just drove from village to chaudanne and parked up in the underground car park daily and had good luck with that.

5. the altiport area is good for beginners and is just above you and the golf run. kiddies always like the lapin runs...
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Pic of the piste where it ends in Meribel Village here. Easy blue and has snow cannons all the way. Always open until the end of season.
http://www.lodgeduvillage.com/21300.html

LdV is a good apres spot at the end of the day - Live music Tue and Thu Apres Ski. Very regular free bus to Chaudanne. Superb beginners area at top of Golf chair (a slowish 4-man chair) very gentle and very, very wide - served by drag or fast 8-man detachable chair next to top of Golf chair. Limited area beginners pass serve these lifts too.

Lodge du Village Italian restaurant (and good pizzas / paninis at lunch) and Le Boa A Mil restaurants reccommended - but that is about it.

Enjoy.......
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy