Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Planes and Trains and Automobiles

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Options for October BootCamp and on to PSB.

I've used experience and fares research to get a good estimate of the options. I've included a train fare cost for the transfer from GVA to Tignes simply because I'm calculating for independent travel.

Aeroplane inc. public transport (as the cheapest option): i is £246.00 and 38 hours total travel and waiting time

Train: is £287.00 and 30.5 hours total travel

Automobile: = £346.00, 29.5 hours (£120 in Tolls!!!)

Most comfortable journey would be the train, changes are a bit of a PITA but not any worse than schlepping through airports these days.
A shared car will certainly be the most convenient option

Though a combination of train and plane may be the best of all . . . choices, choices Confused
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Masque, 38 hours by air? Where you travelling from?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
David Murdoch, If I start from my front door and include the bus to Luton (not that convenient and working on an alternative) and the minimum of 3 hours pre-flight + the wait for connections on RER (I've done this journey once before) . . . all the way back to my front door . . . 38 hours it is Confused
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:

the minimum of 3 hours pre-flight

Puzzled My normal airline (easyJet) requires 40 minutes, if I remember correctly.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
pam w, Last two flights with EJ I allowed 2 hours. One gave me a 30 min window for coffee/beer the other had me at check-in for 40 min (only one open) and in the security queue for nearly an hour . . . ended up running to the arsend of beyond at Luton where Sleazy park their buses.

40 min. would be lovely if it could be guaranteed Confused
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
so this is getting to Tignes, then to PSB, then home again 'door to door'
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
rayscoops, yep though it may be a bit moot as I'm heading over the Pond at the end of the PSB and may fly from CDG rather than come back to the UK to go Stateside.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Masque, for me it would be 2 hours to Bristol, 2 hours at airport, 2 hours flight, one hour to get off flight and get bags ..... transfer to Tignes ? 4 hours with a bit of a wait, transfer from Tignes to L2A 6 hours?, then 3 hours from L2A to Grenoble, 2 hours at airport, 2 hours flight, 1 hour to get bags etc and clear customs and then 2 hours drive home. Which all adds up to about 27 hours or so but I have no idea about transfer times from Tignes to PSB. Sounds like a lot of travel time all the same but not a lot in it generally for me for each example
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Masque wrote:
David Murdoch, If I start from my front door and include the bus to Luton (not that convenient and working on an alternative) and the minimum of 3 hours pre-flight + the wait for connections on RER (I've done this journey once before) . . . all the way back to my front door . . . 38 hours it is Confused

About 15 hrs each way!!! Shocked

Although when I add up my time for past ski trips, it's begining to dawn on me a lot of time is spend waiting...

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Mon 12-05-08 17:55; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Masque, rayscoops, put like that, one begins to see the attractions of a week in Bognor...
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Hurtle, Booger Bugnor Cool
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
You need to think about it as X hours fabulous opportunity read several books you've been meaning to read for years.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
pam w wrote:
Quote:

the minimum of 3 hours pre-flight

Puzzled My normal airline (easyJet) requires 40 minutes, if I remember correctly.

That's drop-dead time.

Quote:
# Check-in desks close exactly 40 minutes prior to the scheduled departure time. of the flight
# We recommend you check in at least two hours before the scheduled departure time.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
pam w wrote:
You need to think about it as X hours fabulous opportunity read several books you've been meaning to read for years.
One could read more in Bognor - there's sod all else to do there!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy