Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

TR: London Off-line 8 May 2008

Poster: A snowHead
In brief

We came.

We drank.

We ate pizza *

We went home *

In more detail

So, it came to pass that the "internet-enabled mass blind date" called the London Off-line (8 May 2008) came to pass.

After some sketchy initial introductions - "I'm, errrr, beanie1 - any of you seen a Sideshow Bob" - things settled down into their customary pattern of "anyone fancy a beer?...".

Top prize to vetski for turning out to be a girl.

Second prize to rob@rar for turning out to having too much leave on his hands.

Joint third prize to fatbob and Sideshow Bob, neither of whom is called "Bob". Bu&^er me, etc.

Honerary mention to MrsPhillipStanton for accepting the fact that her boyfriend had just been on a blind date with 10 skiers wink

Rematch "picnic" to follow.

* Well, most of us. beanie1 accused us all of being "boring" for talking about nothing else except skiing. MrsPhillipStanton could only take so much internet blind dating. And rob@rar had to rush back to his Welsh roots.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
PhillipStanton, sorry I missed it, the play I went to was cr@p. Sad
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Always the way Hurtle.

That's why MrsPhillipStanton and I always go to the National - it's easy to get home if the play is pants wink
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
PhillipStanton, the National was where I was!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hi guys, good to meet everyone last night, sorry I couldn't stay for pizza!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Great to meet you all last night, sorry I had to slope off a tad early, but hopefully the picnic will come off & I'll see you all again later this summer! Very Happy
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hurtle wrote:

Sad What did you see (just in case I've got tickets for it)?

beanie1 and vetski - and you.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
It was good to meet everyone, and interesting to find out where some people's nicknames came from.

Bladeskier is the best walking advert for snowblades I've ever come across - he wouldn't stop talking about how versatile they were in a range of conditions and how he'd never skied anything better in three-foot deep powder. I think I got on his bad side by wondering aloud if he supported Sheffield United, when he's clearly Wednesday through and through.

PhilipStanton used to be called just Phillip, but legally changed his name in homage to both the resort St Anton and the much-respected expert poster on here of the same name.

Beanie1, well, it was obvious. I don't know anyone else in London who'd wear such a large woolly hat in the 20C+ temperatures we had yesterday.

SkiMottaret actually does most of his skiing in Milton Keynes, but SkiMiltonKeynes doesn't quite have the same cachet in the Bend Ze Knees forum.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Sideshow_Bob wrote:
SkiMottaret actually does most of his skiing in Milton Keynes, but SkiMiltonKeynes doesn't quite have the same cachet in the Bend Ze Knees forum.

Laughing

Sorry I couldn't stay until the end. Thought I had to drive to Cardiff but that plan was changed (if we hadn't been sitting in the dungeon I would have had a mobile signal to let me know this!).
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Sorry I couldn't get there....try next time.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
rob@rar, start smoking. You would then have popped out for a quick fag with me and Bladeskier, and you could have picked up messages at the same time!

Thanks to Bladeskier for info on the best route to take when I go down to Kent on Saturday...and PhillipStanton, I'll pm you my e-mail address for directions to/from GVA.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
PhillipStanton wrote:
Hurtle wrote:

The Year of Magical Thinking - should have been very moving and absolutely wasn't. Mind you, a man timing a hacking cough to fill every one of la Redgrave's carefully timed pauses, didn't help!
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Sideshow_Bob, hmmm lets see, SkiBrentwoodDrySlope... SkiMiltonKeynes or SkiMottaret..... perhaps i should have stuck with my first name here scottp.... wink

As far as your nickname goes I didnt ask but are your feet really 20" long, you dont have a rasta haircut..... snowHead
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hurtle wrote:
PhillipStanton wrote:
Hurtle wrote:

The Year of Magical Thinking - should have been very moving and absolutely wasn't. Mind you, a man timing a hacking cough to fill every one of la Redgrave's carefully timed pauses, didn't help!

Hmmm - must return those tickets...
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
PhillipStanton, oh dear, sorry to put you off. It did garner some excellent reviews. But there were four of us who went, and we were all underwhelmed.
latest report
PhillipStanton, disappointed I couldn't come, hopefully next time Very Happy
snow conditions
skimottaret wrote:
As far as your nickname goes I didnt ask but are your feet really 20" long, you dont have a rasta haircut..... snowHead

I was going to use my real name on the forum, but Robert Underdunk Terwilliger is a bit long.
latest report
So I wandered downstairs at the appointed hour, didn't know anyone so a quick call was in order.

Me "Hi Phillip, Gary (bladeskier) here, where are you ?"

PhillipStanton, "Er, behind you !"

Sideshow_Bob, nice try, hopefully the signature solves that issue once and for all wink

rob@rar, iphones are obviously rubbish, my mobile with "3" had perfect reception wink Thanks for the advice BTW.

vetski, no worries, hope the speech from the horsey one makes the trip worthwhile.

skimottaret, sorry we didn't get a chance to chat, seemed to be at opposite ends of whichever table we were sat at.

Must do that again, enjoyed it.
ski holidays
Nice to meet everyone.

PhillipStanton, I can't believe that you came and posted this last night! Now no-one will believe our partying till dawn story Sad

vetski, you weren't kidding about logging on before breakfast were you (although to be fair it looks like beanie1 is even more addicted).
ski holidays
Good to see everyone & enjoy the delights of the gourmet black pudding pizza confusingly called the London, (surely that should be jellied eels & whelks).
snow report
Sideshow_Bob, I was going to suggest that you should have been less modest about bowling out Freddie Flintoff for a duck.

But it seems everyone is doing it these days, twice in the current game.

Did he ever bowl to you ?
latest report
PhillipStanton, ... Oh crap was that last week! Oops sorry forgot!
latest report
Always next time plectrum.
snow report
bladeskier, thanks, driving directions were great, A21 a bit rubbish in parts (where the dual carriageway narrows to one lane each way just after the A26 turnoff), and I didn't get lost even on the country roads! The horsey one gave a great speech, I saw all sorts of people, and generally had a great day. Roll on my 30th anniversary!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy