Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

World Cup Skiers Chemmy Alcott & Julia Mancuso to climb Kili

Poster: A snowHead
This is a quick note to let everyone know that Chemmy Alcott and Julia Mancuso (both successful World Cup ski racers) are soon to be taking on the monstrous challenge of climbing Mount Kilimanjaro in aid of Right To Play, of which they are both ambassadors. Right To Play helps use specially-designed sport and play programmes to improve health, build life skills, and foster peace for children and communities affected by war, poverty and disease. As ski racers they spend their lives racing down icy cold mountains but they are trading this lifestyle in for the upward mission to summit Mount Kilimanjaro, and also visiting a local Right To Play project to see where the money is to go.
I think it’s great expedition they are doing, so would be a great cause to sponsor – why not follow me to this website - www.justgiving.com/chemmyalcott - and really make a difference – with the added bonus of the chance to win one of Chemmy or Julia’s World Cup Race bibs and signed ski memorabilia.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Lucky old Jean-Claude! (Oops, sorry, misread thread title....) Very Happy
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Martin Bell, Very Happy
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Martin Bell, .... you naughty boy ... Toofy Grin

fan of skiing, ... welcome to snowHeads Very Happy

Purely as a matter of interest, do you know how many pence in the pound, of donations to this cause, will actually go to the charity?

It's a bit of a prickly subject for me as I have encountered a few 'noteworthy' challenges, which deduct participants expenses from donations. Some past 'Challenges' that I have checked accounts, have actually only passed on as little as 3p in the pound to the designated Charity.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Martin Bell, Laughing

fan of skiing, welcome to snowHeads.

Time for a cold shower...
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Martin Bell, that WAS a good one Laughing Laughing if i change my name to Kili would it do....

BernardC, i am sure our two favourite ski racers will be totally above board but I share your pricklyness as have seen that one as well with regards to a donation i made and will now only donate on these things if the participant covers their own expenses... I donated to one that was a "challenge" and it turned out to be a paid holiday as far as i could make out with little going to the charity.

wonder what the "signed memorabilia" they are donating may be wink
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
skimottaret, ... hope you have had a great season & enjoyed the 8000's ... Very Happy

I am sure you are right & that Chemmy & Julia will do us proud .... Very Happy

You have obviously taken the time to familiarise yourself with the end result of some 'Challenges' .... Toofy Grin

..... now let me be 'Brief' ..... I dream & wonder of what that 'signed memorabilbra' might be ..... Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
> chance to win one of Chemmy or Julia’s World Cup Race bibs and signed ski memorabilia

they might do better auctioning some of their undies
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
What's the fuss?
Julia Mancuso
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
jacksonholerider, close but no cigar...
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
The photo I posted is Mancuso.
So we have TWO 'cigars'.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
BernardC wrote:
Purely as a matter of interest, do you know how many pence in the pound, of donations to this cause, will actually go to the charity?
I donated and the site told me that my payment had gone straight to the charity.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
jacksonholerider, I know... I'm saying that Ms Alcott is oozing a bit more class than Ms Mancuso.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
BernardC, Would not suprise me that so little goes to charity. There is a charity that is run here that runs like a family fifedom. Not saying that the major share does no go to charity, but someone is paying for the Mercs!!!!

I give locally to local charities. It is more transparrent (akin to Miss Mancuso's attire). Laughing
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Martin Bell, Smile Very Happy now thats what I call ski pictures.....................
snow conditions
fan of skiing, Already done this one a while back but thanks for bumping another thread for the girls

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=38804
ski holidays
Chemmy and Julia are starting their final ascent about now (yes, midnight). They've been hiking up for 4 days so far. Sounds like it's no walk in the park and the altitude is hurting. Will know tomorrow how it went. SMS works up there!
snow report
it's hardly a "monstrous challenge" for two top class athletes, but fair play anyways, oh and HUBBA HUBBA Toofy Grin
snow conditions
jacksonholerider, Bode Swiller, Laughing what the problem...?? both are great pics..!!

More of those kind of pics, I think, is in order
latest report
JT, no prob...
latest report
This one's a bit more sophisticated...
latest report
Bode Swiller wrote:

Is she on stilts in that picture? Her legs seem to have got very much longer!
latest report
rob@rar, yeah, if you compare to the pic above, they must've given her a milk crate to stand on.
ski holidays
Ha ha... some pic manipulation maybe...no, surely not. But hey, who cares
ski holidays
Bode Swiller wrote:

prefer the first one me.... wink
snow report
barry, I do my best. I agree... far more natural.
ski holidays
comm'on you tight wads get some cash donated ...i only recognise a few names on the list Toofy Grin
snow conditions
From Julia Mancuso's blog today...

"Last day.Still recovering from summit day. It was definitely the toughest experience any of us had ever gone through. Three quarters of the way, many of us started getting weird symtoms. Chemmy's head felt like it was going to explode and because of doping control, there was nothing she could take for relief.

She broke down and cried. She just felt so guilty that she wasn't going to make it and that she'd be letting her sponsors down, all those people who gave money for the cause. All of us were struggling and it wasn't just a personal thing anymore, but we had a responsibility to all the Right to Play Children out there... the thought of them pulled us all through and enabled us to carry on. Their spirit was very much felt and we are looking forward to low-country and visiting with them.

Thanks for everyone's support out there!"

I can't quite work out if all that means they made it or not. I suspect they did.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
From Chemmy's blog today - looks like they made it Razz Very Happy

Day 8. We finally make the summit, and still recovering from it the next day.

This was definitely the toughest experience I've ever gone through. I'd take hurtling down slopes at 85 mph any day!

It was made even more difficult that I had to wander for ages to try and get a signal for my mobile phone to send my texts for this blog.

Three quarters of the way up Killi, my head felt like it was going to explode, but because of doping control, there was nothing I could take to relieve the pain. I broke down. I cried. I felt a massive amount of guilt to all those who had sponsored me.

It was only the fact that it was not a personal challenge but a responsibility to all the 'Right To Play' children around the world that pulled me through and enabled me to carry on.

I had time as we climbed to reflect on my season, by a long way not the best I've had.

I had what I call "a killer season" on the slopes this year, a long, arduous, tough insanely emotional journey. Once you are in the top 100 in the world, 80 per cent of the job is about controlling your emotions.

I was dispirited that I did not make the World Cup finals. At least I got three top 20s in the world, and perhaps I'm my toughest critic.

I had a transition year on the slopes, and equipment changes. My focus as the season ended was thinking about the Olympics in Whistler, in 2010. Twenty months away.

Climbing Killi, with my friend and US skier Julia Mancuso was tough, but enlightening. Thank God I was expecting the unexpected, because it is a real test. I return brighter, lighter and on a mission.
snow report
wannapop, typical... when she's in sunny Twickenham she doesn't update her site for months and months. Then, 20,000 feet up in Tanzania she manages to do it rolling eyes .

Anyway, they, and their exploding heads, made it. Nice one.
snow report
fair play

be more than happy to massage their aches and pains away....... Toofy Grin
ski holidays
great news Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy