Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

BA lost baggage!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I've noticed occasional mentioning of BA mis-handling of bags. This time it's my turn.

I flew nearly 10 times this winter and not once I missed my bags. When I return from Geneva, by way of LHR with BA (1st time flying BA, mind you, maybe the last time too), they manage to mis-placed BOTH of my bags!!!

It's been a full days now and there's still no trace of them! When can you lost a long ski bag???

I'm home so I'm not so much inconvinient by it. Still, BA seem to live up to their reputation as one of the worst airline when it comes to bags. Sad
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Oh no - I am sorry to hear that - was it through the dreaded new Heathrow Terminal 5? I guess it's true that BA stands for "Baggage could be Anywhere" then. I suspect they didn't put your stuff on the flight at all - just hope it wasn't put on one headed for somewhere else!

The only time I've lost bags was last summer when we flew to Kansas via Atlanta with Delta. About 20 of us found our bags had been left in Atlanta and we were told it is not unusual! We had to book a 2nd night in the Kansas hotel rather than start our touring holiday while we waited nearly 24 hrs for our bags. THe hotel said the bags usually arrive within 24hrs so Delta don't have to pay you compensation.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
abc, I'm sorry to hear that. We now only fly with hand baggage, because we lost cases on 3 successive trips rolling eyes Only 2 of those were BA.

They turned up eventually, but its a pain when it happens.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I've had bags delayed, but never lost. And they all turned up within a day. So a pair of bags gone missing for more than a day is new to me. For most of us, we'd all rather have our bags than to deal with having to buy (albeit new) items. Since all my flight segments were on half empty planes and all of the connections had plenty of time in between, it's a bit disconcerting to figure out why they could have gone missing. Puzzled

Sort of a consolation, the airline told me if the bags don't turn up by day 4, I'm entitle to claim the full value of the contents. So the wait shouldn't be long. I'm hoping the time limit would motivate them to locate my bags quickly. If not, I should get new replacement of my only 1 year old skis!!! Not a terrible thing, in view of the hassle...

I would be less upset had I had time to pack properly. But the Holiday Inn Express at Geneva airport botched my wake up call, which left me with a very hurried packing time. As a consequence, some items that should have been in my hand luggage end up in the checked bags, which is now missing. So a warning for anyone ever want to stay at that the Holiday Inn at Geneva airport!

Butterfly, yes, it's through the dreaded new Heathrow Terminal 5 indeed. What a surprise! rolling eyes
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
my missus had a bag lost by Easyjet, it turned up 2 weeks later, and didn't look like it ever left Liverpool airport, ie pack of mini mars bars in outside pocket were untouched, not smashed/damaged/crushed.

I'd wait a few more weeks before panicking!
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
kitenski wrote:
didn't look like it ever left Liverpool airport, ie pack of mini mars bars in outside pocket were untouched

Are you sure it was Liverpool? wink
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
They usually give an info leaflet thing which says that the vast majority of bags are reunited within 24 or 48 hours. Mine were lost by Air France in Paris on a Saturday afternoon, but the DHL chap didn't turn up until the Thursday (and even that was unannounced - Air France had my contact details, and you'd have thought they'd have the decency to call to confirm a convenient delivery or collection time).

Oh... and the baggage tags... well they indicated that the bags actually caught the next plane to Schiphol after mine! So they had sat around in Schiphol for 4days before being processed.

And they have the cheek to offer you a free t-shirt with their advertisement emblazoned across the front!
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Weren't they sending all the "lost" Heathrow T5 bags by road to Milan to be sorted and shipped on?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
abc, Goodluck with it. BA have managed to lose our bags twice permanently and mislaid several and we don't even fly with them that frequently. Be prepared to be perisstant about your claim and keep records of correspondance. They were not exactly speedy about paying for our last bags.
Shame really because otherwise I find them quite helpful.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
When my boot bag was delayed recently, it showed up in a couple of days. The reimbursement for hire and essential purchses didn't show up for several weeks and it required a whining e-mail to get that. When it did show up, it was for about £100 too much, so no complaint, really. They threw in some Air Miles as well.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Well, I'm going to have at least my personal stuff back. They've found my smaller "boot" bag (no boots inside 'cause I was carrying them in my carry-on).

The ski bag is still missing and they seem baffled at where it might be... not good. Though given the season is more or less over for me anyway, and the fact I do have another pair of skis if I do choose to squeeze in another trip (not very likely), it's really a much less tramatic loss amoungst the two.

Next time I'm presented with the choice between BA and Air Qatar, I'll take this experience into account in my decision! Wink
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
4 of us arrived via BA at T5 and the baggage (inc skis and boots) was on the carrousel before we got there. all accounted for wthin about 5 minutes
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy