Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Don't hate me because I am a realtor!

Poster: A snowHead
Hate me because I live in Jackson Hole!

Seriously, folks, I would like to ask your advice.
I am a realtor in the Jackson/Driggs area, and I am looking to connect with avid skiers/boarders from all over the world.
If there is anything that I can do to provide information about coming out here to visit, to re-locate, or just to know where to eat, I would be very happy to provide an honest opinion.

If you can think of any service that I can provide in order to get folks to drop me a line, I would love to hear it.
I would rather offer to provide free advice, find local deals, freebies, etc for other avid snowsliders than just come across as a random spammer.

And I would be happy to show anyone around JH or Targhee, on snow or Mt. Bike, when you are in town!

Thanks for reading this, I am quite sincere in this offer!
Cheers,
jacksonholerider

wendellstam'at'yahoo.com
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
jacksonholerider, lucky lucky chap. Love the place.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Good lord, you can't even begin to imagine how spoiled we got this year. I have been here for 11, and this was hands down the sickest.
If there wasn't at LEAST six" of fresh, we wouldn't go, or go backcountry.
Absurd.
I got in ~80 days, at least 60 were over 6".

Can we post photos on this forum?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
jacksonholerider wrote:

If there wasn't at LEAST six" of fresh, we wouldn't go, or go backcountry.

You sounds like some of the chalet girls I've known.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I said Backcountry, not backdoor!
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
jacksonholerider wrote:
... Can we post photos on this forum?

You can. We all appreciate good photos.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
.......of the chalet girls..??
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Especially of the chalet girls! Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
jacksonholerider, Welcome and thank you for the offer might be on to you about some info soon Got to love the wild west
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
jacksonholerider, I like this introduction... welcome to snowHead

Open, honest and succint...

Now where are these photos of chalet girls??? Twisted Evil
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
jacksonholerider, best way to do that is also create an account in the snowMedia zone, then use the facilities there to paste thumbnails into a post here.

Like this!

latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Thanks for the hints, but that photo is NOT of a 'chalet girl'... wink

Anyhoo, why are there restrictions on images...bandwidth?

If so, I understand.
But that restriction (thumbnails) seriously limits the visual impact and power of forum images...has this already been discussed ad infinitum?
I would imagine so.

Anyhoo, I would love to share some photos of my (and my friends/aquaintances) exploits on this forum, utilising standard hot-link techniques...any advice?
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
you can post larger pics, check out some of the reports in "trips" to see what others post.

I went to Jackson many moons ago, and would love to return when the kids are a little older.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
jacksonholerider wrote:
If so, I understand.
But that restriction (thumbnails) seriously limits the visual impact and power of forum images...has this already been discussed ad infinitum?
I would imagine so.

You'd be right there Very Happy
Quote:
Anyhoo, I would love to share some photos of my (and my friends/aquaintances) exploits on this forum, utilising standard hot-link techniques...any advice?

The usual method is linked thumbnails, it doesn't screw up the page width or make the page loading speed too slow and still gives the option to see the full size pic as well.

Trip Reports are a bit different, sometimes you just neeeed a big pic for impact, but expect a few grumbles if you do.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
jacksonholerider, as FenlandSkier says... the preference by many is linked thumbnails... but they don't have to be teenyweeny ones like you get from Mediazone... you could use smaller ones of your own hosted elsewhere...
ski holidays
jacksonholerider,

I should have said welcome snowHead

Sounds like a nice offer.
latest report
jacksonholerider, was there in February and December last year, will be out there again December this year.

kitenski, Both my kids started to ski in JH. Great ski school for sprogs.
snow report
stoatsbrother wrote:
jacksonholerider, was there in February and December last year, will be out there again December this year.

kitenski, Both my kids started to ski in JH. Great ski school for sprogs.

Aggh! don't say that!! starts looking at New Year trips to JH.........
snow report
kitenski,

No, you'll be in VDA that time... wink
ski holidays
JT wrote:
kitenski,

No, you'll be in VDA that time... wink

actually got a cracking price for a weekend in Jan, you have any idea when your planning to be out there?
latest report
kitenski,

Late jan..I would think, same as last year.
We did 18th-1st, IIRC

And we HAVE to do Tolla into the next valley and Bessons to the dam so a few short walks.

Haven't given up on the US this year either, just to stay OT
ski holidays
jacksonholerider, forgot to point out the thumbnail is a link through to the full-size pic for those that want to see more wink

The one I included above is a cut-down version as I've just posted a lot of photos for the bash I came back from. But there's no limit - beyond an overall capacity one - on any photo you post.
snow report
Take my advice, never book trip here before Jan 8th, if possible.
The snow is generally iffy before the holidays, and the holidays suck for crowds!
(but I am really, really spoiled)
ski holidays
jacksonholerider, I prefer the run up to Presidents weekend.
snow report
jacksonholerider, I'll be passing through JH in August. Will probably use it as a base to explore Yellowstone etc and just generally hang out. Do you think the hotels will be busy? Should I book now? Other than Yellowstone, where would you visit?

By the way, there is another Snowhead called JacksonHole. He can be a bit touchy so your name makes me laugh a lot.
snow conditions
Glad I can strike a nerve early!
Yes, the hotels will be balls to the wall packed in August.
Curiosly, winter is our slow, slow season, even with the resort.
We get 3-4 MILLION visitors from Memorial Day-Labor day, and~ 1,000,000 during the rest of the year.

Let me know what your budget is, and I can help you find the perfect digs.
The best options are not usually advertised, such as private condo rentals, etc, and often are cheaper than hotels, with more/better amenities.
How many will you be?

Last edited by snowHeads are a friendly bunch. on Thu 1-05-08 7:22; edited 1 time in total
latest report
jacksonholerider, I'll send you a private message. Don't like the idea of my balls up against the wall... not everyone's idea of a holiday.
snow report
Bode Swiller wrote:
jacksonholerider, I'll send you a private message. Don't like the idea of my balls up against the wall... not everyone's idea of a holiday.

You lie(sic) like a rug rolling eyes
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Balls to the wall is a time-honored add-on to luxury accomodations here.
In fact, it generally (always) costs extra.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy