Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

CairnGorm Mountain - MayFest + ski/board for £9 (3,4,5th May).

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Ski and Board for £9.25 a day this coming May Holiday Weekend on CairnGorm Mountain, with various events throughout the weekend for skiers and non skiers alike. If your a past season ticket holder and still have an old season ticket listen up - If you can produce a CairnGorm Season ticket for any season from 61/62 onwards you can ski for free (get your free ski ticket from the Ticket Office!)

Equipment Hire available at half the normal day rate and lessons available by arrangement, good cover in the Ptarmigan Bowl means there's still excellent areas for trying out a new snowsport!

Other activities include sledging in the Sledge Park by the Ptarmigan Restaurant, Avalanche Transceiver treasure hunts, geo-caching, snow mobile rides, piste basher tours, ranger guided walks, snow castle and piste art comp, public dual slalom course - taken on your mates/family.

More at: http://www.cairngormmountain.co.uk/

^ Ciste Bowl in the Top Basin, Sunday 27th April

More Pix: http://www.winterhighland.info/2006/pix/pixalbum.php?pix_id=479
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Looks like it was good up there last weekend - did anyone go?
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I'm heading up with the family for Saturday, Sunday and Monday - lots for them to do snowHead

If the snow is pretty much as seen in the photos from last Sunday I'd be up for a slide down the Ciste Gully/West Wall (will be a walk out to the Ciste car park) and maybe a trek over the back (short one if no touring adaptors and skins available for hire anywhere).

Anyone else heading up for the weekend or even for a day?

Should be a nice end to a great season!

You gonna be on the hill Winterhighland?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
roga, maybe, If Nevis or even Glencoe opens (you never know) I'll head there if not I may go to Cairngorm snowHead
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
II, if you are over do give me a shout snowHead

Actually, give me a shout if Glencoe do decide to open, I might just pop over there lol!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I'm hedging my bets, the Gorm might escape with the better weather Sat and Sunday so will see if anything is go in the West on Monday. Have had a few great May Day holiday Mondays lapping the Braveheart in a T-shirt, so fingers crossed and it would be great if Glencoe gets in one more day, if they do, I'll be there. That said will def. be on the 'Gorm at least one day. Let me know what your plans are.

Mountain Spirit are still hiring touring gear, though maybe others will have the same idea of hiring touring kit, maybe give them a ring to see if they expect to be busy or have had much interest in this weekend.

I'm hoping that with sightseers, holiday makers, skiers, walkers, climbers all being boosted by the holiday that we might just get into shuttle bus territory with a bit of luck, if not there should be plenty of people heading up through the day to hitch lifts round from the Ciste! snowHead
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Winterhighland wrote:
I'm hedging my bets, the Gorm might escape with the better weather Sat and Sunday so will see if anything is go in the West on Monday. Have had a few great May Day holiday Mondays lapping the Braveheart in a T-shirt, so fingers crossed and it would be great if Glencoe gets in one more day, if they do, I'll be there.

Sounds rather tempting and Monday could be a goer for me too given the road west is one way of heading south again lol Toofy Grin
Quote:
That said will def. be on the 'Gorm at least one day. Let me know what your plans are.

Will do Very Happy
Quote:
Mountain Spirit are still hiring touring gear, though maybe others will have the same idea of hiring touring kit, maybe give them a ring to see if they expect to be busy or have had much interest in this weekend.

Good idea, I'll give them a shout just to see what the score is.
Quote:
I'm hoping that with sightseers, holiday makers, skiers, walkers, climbers all being boosted by the holiday that we might just get into shuttle bus territory with a bit of luck, if not there should be plenty of people heading up through the day to hitch lifts round from the Ciste! snowHead

Good point, I was forgetting hitching is pretty easy round there.

Here's to a good 'un! snowHead
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy