Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Silver Mtn OPEN June 1st

Poster: A snowHead
Silver saturdays will continue on here in North ID, excellent skiing yesterday, fresh powder, sun and even a triathalon for those who needed more of a challenge. Now if we can get the 1000 people they will continue to remain open on Saturdays.

Help break the 1997 record of the 1st weekend in June for Silver Saturdays.

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Mon 26-05-08 13:51; edited 6 times in total
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Is there nuff snow to stay open until Jun?

How much snow do they have at the top, middle and bottom.

When did Silver Mountain first open for the season?
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
They have more snow than in 1997, there is 112" at base/midmountain (Gondola goes up to midmtn ski down to chairs), 190" at top, and it's supposed to snow all week.
Silver opened the 7th of Dec.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
May the 4th (be with you) is on Sunday though Wink
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
wow - if Silver is open on 11th I could be tempted. Off to Whistler this weekend, I'm afraid wink

Silver is a fine hill!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
andy, I finally caught that you'll notice.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Well May 3rd was the first day of spring skiing and was very good even though it got sticky around 11 am, still another beautiful day of skiing.

Silver has now stated they will be open every Sat in May if they have the skier numbers. Very Happy
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
May 10th still great spring skiing and they will remain open the next two Sats and Sun the 25th as well.

Selfish I admit, but I still want to break the 97 record of being open every Sat thru 1st weekend of June, 1000 bodies to keep the Mtn open.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thinking of coming up for Memorial weekend but it is 5 hours drive....
It would be great if you could put up some photos pinhead Smile
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
No photos the OH tries but I can't ski standing still.
They will be open both Sat and Sun on Memorial day weekend instead of just Sat. At least you don't have to drive up a ski hill road just pull off the Interstate and get on the gondola for a 20 min ride to the area.

Stats from May 10th 6" base, 100" at top. and 3' on S facing slope, skiing chair 4 top to bottom has been very good nice to still ski 2000' vert. laps.

www.skisilver.com or www.silvermt.com
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Well it was a tragedy on the 17th, I rolled into the parking lot only to be told the gear box was broke and there would be no skiing today, I did get a day pass for the 08/09 season.

They hope to have it fixed so they can be open the 24/25th of May. Very Happy
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
pinhead, we're heading up today for the weekend, as tehy've fixed the gongola. gotta support a local hill who're still opening at end May! If you're up there, say hello to anyone you see with a helmet sticker that says 'I fear no beer' Cool
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
gortonator, I'll be there as well teleskiing with no hat and drinking beer by 11 if it goes as the past few Saturdays, snow starts to get sticky around 10 am but gets much worse. Lost a lot of snow in last two weeks but should still be enjoyable. Now I've got to fix my rock ski bindings and wax heavy before the Mtn opens. Hope you left early with a 7:30 am start means on the Gondola by 7am.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
May 24 another great day of spring skiing and chasing the sun and shade around the Mtn, praises to the Mgt for opening at 7:30 as it started to stick early this Sat. Never saw gortonator but was gone after 11:30, 3 hours of solid skiing and home to chores.

gortonator, Sunset was skiing very nice from 9:30-1030 earlier it was the Wardner Traverse.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Rained Sat night and did not freeze overnight temps in high 30's, still with a 7:30 start and skiing the steep N. facing runs skiing was good for the 25th of May, and while it is not quite matching '97's record we will be skiing in June if the snow holds for one more week.
I think the odds are 50/50 as to skiing with lift assist.
ski holidays
Final ski report of the season, Sat was great with Sun and blue skies most of the day,snow got very soft by 1000 am. Sunday it rained Sat night and that really helped out the snow firmness skied in light drizzle but it was worth it for the quality of the skiing and hey it was the 1st day of June and it was lift served skiing. Toofy Grin
ski holidays
When did it open and close exactly?

How many days was the season?

How high are the top and bottom lifts at Silver Mountain?
snow conditions
Whitegold, Opened 7th of Dec closed April 6th then Silver Saturdays until May 31 and they were open the last two Sundays 24/5/08 and 1/6/08.

North Idaho is very short our ski hill tops out at 6300' Kellogg Peak, lift is about 75' short of that with 2200' of vert to the bottom of chair 4 from Kellogg peak.

Still when we get the cold La Nina versus the warm La Nina it's just an incredible winter, more Powder days than I can keep track of. One skier there had 131 days and in 47 years of skiing felt this was the best season ever.

I got in over 92 days with two weeks down with the flu, and it was one of the best seasons I've had in 43 winters. Still hiking to be had.
snow report
Sounds like a monster Winter, dude.
ski holidays
A very wonderful winter of POWDER skiing and more powder skiing especially weekdays with no lines or even other riders, had many days where I skied fresh tracks all alone. Cool
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy