Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Season in Whistler - help please

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I am going out to Whistler in mid-October of this year for the season.

I'm going to start applying for jobs as soon as they come available because I already have my work permit/visa.

When do companies start accepting and employing people?

I've heard that with a few jobs, you get accomadation. But if I happen to get one without, when should I start contacting people about apartments, etc.

Any help/advice would be very much appreciated.

thanks
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Start now - pretty much you need a full time job with WB to get accomodation & it's ghetto-like.

Otherwise private accomodation is getting harder to find and more expensive. There will be places coming up for grabs now for the summer season so try contacting owners to seal the deal for a Nov-April Lease. Consider having a sizable deposit to front up now - Oct is likely to be to late to start the process.

Pique magazine online every Thursday night - best place to start. Approach WB direct - helps if you have ski/retail/hospitality/customer service experience if you want to get hired remotely.

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Sat 26-04-08 20:54; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
koivu11, Try www.natives.co.uk possibly more experience of seasons in NA on that forum or perhaps www.epicski.com
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks a lot for your help.

On the WB website with the employment section, when will jobs start appearing for the winter season?

thanks again

Jack
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
TBH I'd show a bit of initiative and start applying now - its not hard to think what most jobs will be & they can only say try again when we've got our vacancies on line. Be realistic you won't get a job as a waiter or barman but kid's L1 ski instructor, liftie, line cook in a mountain restaurant, cashier, retail assistant, busboy, ticket office all possible.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
koivu11, I wrote a lovely reply just after you posted, but my timed internet connection ran out just before I hit submit... Sad

Welcome to snowHead , I should be out in Whistler next season too.

You can get accommodation if you work for Intrawest (the mountain). This isn't guaranteed, but as a first season foreigner you'll sort of get first dibs on it. Intrawest employ all the instructors (already hiring), and many other positions on the mountain. As they also own many of the other amenities in the village as well, there are a wide variety of jobs you can get through them. Keep an eye on the employment section of the WB website for more details about when you can apply.

fatbob has given the same advice that a number of people have given me regarding accommodation. Around June/July adverts will start appearing for the winter.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks again everyone for your help. Cool
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
koivu11, get applying now, and also be on the lookout for accomodation.

I f you can;t be here in the summer, then its a irsk to hope to get into staff housing for the season. If you are here and working for the mountain before then you will pretty much be able to stay on.

check out http://www.piquenewsmagazine.com/pique/index.php?cat=C_Classifieds&content=Long+Term+Accommodation+1517

and be aware that the rates you see on there are only for summer, rates in the winter go higher.

Landlords out here are not to good about renting to people not already here that they can meet in person, exceptions being companies like seasonit.co.uk who process it all through the uk. They are not the cheapest though. Seasonaires.com also has places but they tend to be a dive when compared to seasonit at similar prices.

I'm renovating my place right now, and might be renting it out for the summer, coming back for the end of October. I will be renting out a space for the season, but in reality you should try to get in staff if cheaper is your main concern.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy