Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Stormlite Midweight £19.99 - any good?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Is this mid layer any good?

http://www.fieldandtrek.com/product.asp?pf_id=90012&sfile=1&cat_id=SPECCLTH&filter_cat=CLTHBASL&change_filter=MEN

Stormlite Midweight Zip Neck

If you want a bit more style and functionality, then the Midweight Zip Neck is a great option. Its HiWickFT fabric is warm and highly wicking to remove moisture.

Made of midweight HiWick 200 fabric which actively moves moisture ensuring user comfort through all conditions

Lightweight zip allows for added thermal control

Semi-Elasticated collar keeps a close and comfortable fit

Tailored fit ensures good contact with the skin improving performance.

Longer back with scooped hem to help keep the garment in place.

Flat-Lock seams reduce chaffing while improveing durability

Self-fabric stretchy cuffs for insulation

Antibacterial treatment keeps odours at b
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Looks reasonable to me.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Reasonable - but Stormlite stuff is not as wicking/fast drying as some of the more expensive stuff.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
RobinS wrote:
Reasonable - but Stormlite stuff is not as wicking/fast drying as some of the more expensive stuff.

cheers, what fabrics/products should I be looking out for max wicking?

regards,

greg
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Depends what you are using it for. For fastest wicking a lightweight baselayer is much the best, I have used Helly Hansen and Lowe Alpine to good effect, then used a Polartech 100 layer on top. I have this year started experimenting with a slightly heavier weight baselayer, a Smartwool zip neck. It still will not wick as well as a super light Helly or Lowe Alpine, but I have been very impressed with it as a single slightly warmer layer (they are expensive, rrp £50, but I found it for £25 in TK Max).
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
cheers, I already have thin base layers, that wick v well, I normally add a thin patagonia long sleeved top to that, but was looking for something like a Polartech 100 for colder days...
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
kitenski,

if used as part of a 3 layer system, you'll likely find that combined they work better than alone...so your thin Patagonia will work better under the shell and the performance will seem enhanced....IME
I agree that the base layer should be a light fleece ( microfleece TM as these are toast and dry quickly...) I used a Peter Storm and it was slightly bulkier...and it proves to be a bit more uncomfortable when pushed... so I have dropped it.

The best I have are Haglofs and Edier as they have stretch panels as well...for base layers. Worth the extra IMV
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I used, dont laugh, a Maser polo neck with polartec 200 fleece and a xcr outer and i was warm as toast. Old skool.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
IME it smell pretty bad, even after one day. I know you've been looking but hold out for merino. I found some australian Driza-Bone (the wax coat people) quite good value...
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy