Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Easyjet ski charges ...

Poster: A snowHead
just a quick one,

if you pay to carry skiis with EasyJet (£33) , is a boot bag also included in the charge ?

To date I have always put boots in my hold luggage, which I wouldn't need if I could put ski boots through separately with skiis.

Thanks in advance
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I don't think so - I pack my boots in my single main bag for hold luggage. As I see it, a separate boot bag is an additional item - but others may have experience showing I am wrong.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
charliecolson i have checked in boot bag and ski bag after paying the charge
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
charliecolson wrote:
just a quick one,

if you pay to carry skiis with EasyJet (£33) , is a boot bag also included in the charge ?

To date I have always put boots in my hold luggage, which I wouldn't need if I could put ski boots through separately with skiis.

Thanks in advance

If you book, you will see on the optional items page:
Quote:

Fees for sports equipment. Skis/snowboards (including boots and poles), ... £16.50 per item.

So yes, boots and poles are included with skis.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
charliecolson wrote:
just a quick one,

Thanks in advance

Yes, although we ususally have ours in either end of a holdall.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
charliecolson, You can pack them in a boot bag but the weight of the boots is included in your 20kg? allowance.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
You pay for one bag of 20kg. Paying for ski / boot carriage gives you an extra 12kg, can be split over several bags. So as long as all your luggage is under 32 kgs yes boots are included.

They've tried it on at check in both times with me though - "but you've only paid for 2 bags" when i say i have 3. I quote their Ts&Cs back at them and they immediately shut up. I think they're well aware but are just trying to get an extra £5 out of you!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Its all here

http://www.easyjet.com/EN/Planning/baggage.html

Simple

Quote:
Up to 8 pieces of checked-in hold baggage (each bag charged at £5.00 online or £10 at the airport) to a maximum combined weight of 20kg. A fee per kilo for excess weight is charged at the airport prior to departure

Boots in your holdall count as part of your 20kg. If you have a boot bag you will pay £5 as it is an extra bag.

Ski Carraige

Quote:
Special Items and Baggage Charges

Sporting equipment

Each passenger is allowed a maximum combined hold baggage weight of 50kg including any sports equipment, subject to available space. The maximum weight for any single piece of baggage is 32kg.

Bicycles (1), golf equipment, and skis, surfboards, wind surfers, hang gliders, and firearms (2)

An additional non-refundable fee is charged per item per flight for the carriage of the above items as set out in our carrier’s regulations.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
thefatcontroller, the 2nd quote would be more accurate if you included the next line

Quote:
An additional non-refundable fee is charged per item per flight for the carriage of the above items as set out in our carrier’s regulations.

Payment of the additional fee increases your checked-in hold baggage allowance (including additional item) to a maximum weight of 32kg.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
If only they let you pay twice and increase the allowance an extra 12kgs to 44kgs for the second payment. I regularly take two pairs of skis with me, and last time my ski bag with both pairs, poles and a handful of clothes weighed 24kgs. There's no way my suitcase with boots would be less than 8kgs.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
We booked one ski bag onto the plane last week, and two holdalls. Ski bag contained two pairs of skis, two pairs of poles, two ski jackets and two pairs of sallies. Holdalls contained clothing, some stuff to take to the apartment, and two pairs of boots. The ski bag was tagged, but not weighed at check in, although I think it was about 18kg. We were well under the 20kg limit on each holdall though.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
At Innsbruck they were checking the number of pairs of skis in each bag and charging extra if you had 2. They don't weigh hand luggage though....and they let me take several pieces through. I reckon that my hand luggage weighed about 22Kg Shocked
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Elizabeth B wrote:
............- I reckon that my hand luggage weighed about 22Kg Shocked

If easyjet carry too many sHs, their takeoffs are going to look like this.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Elizabeth B wrote:
I reckon that my hand luggage weighed about 22Kg Shocked

What was in it Shocked
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
thefatcontroller, 1 pair of ski boots, 1 pair of walking boots, 1 laptop & charger, 1 DSL & lenses , 5 paperback books, 4 magazines, 4 packets of sweets, numerous bars of chocolate (for gifts), all my paperwork from working a week in resort + clipboard, noticeboard etc, my ski jacket, ipod, charger & mini-speakers, 2 mobile phones & chargers, 12 aa batteries and charger, 2 pairs of gloves and a couple of T-shirts.

My suitcase had my other pair of boots, dirty washing, toiletries, and the rest of my ski gear!
snow report
Elizabeth B, Boots as hand luggage? Which airport?
snow conditions
Innsbruck. I asked if I could take 2 bags as hand luggage as I didn't have 1 that would safely carry my laptop and DSLR. They were more than happy for that. I asked would it be a problem taking my boot bag as my laptop fitted in that, and that wasn't a problem either.

The reason I had so much kit was that I had travelled out by coach for a weeks work (intending to travel home the same way), but the snow was too good to come home, so I booked the flight for 6 days later instead.
snow conditions
Elizabeth B wrote:
At Innsbruck they were checking the number of pairs of skis in each bag and charging extra if you had 2.

That was careless of you rolling eyes

At Innsbruck, they allow you to check in the skis first if you want, and then the Easyjet check in staff never get to see the bag to check how many pairs are in it. That also saves hauling your skis right through the huge and disorganised queueing area for the main check in.
snow conditions
alex_heney, why was that careless of me? I only had one pair rolling eyes
ski holidays
I've been 3 times with Sleazyjet this year and on all three booked my ski bag as an extra. I paid an extra £5 for the boots on the first trip but they told me I didn't need to do that as they were free if a ski bag was booked in. I didn't pay on the other two trips and that was fine.
snow conditions
Elizabeth B wrote:
alex_heney, why was that careless of me? I only had one pair rolling eyes

Sorry. I made the unwarranted assumption that your comment implied you had been caught out by them checking.
snow report
Fly Swiss

There cheap & dont charge for Skis or boots.
latest report
stanton, you're like a broken record..............
latest report
stanton, Are they the ones who don't fly from many regional airports in the UK?
snow report
Guvnor, yup. And whose lost-baggage compensation arrangements disgruntled one of the punters on my St Anton trip. Overall, I thought they were OK if you were prepared to fly from Heathrow. At least it was from T2 and not T5.
snow conditions
alex_heney, no.....I just witnessed several other people getting caught.
snow report
Guvnor wrote:

Regional airports should be closed there not good for the environment.
snow report
stanton wrote:
Guvnor wrote:

Regional airports should be closed there not good for the environment.

While the big megahub airports where planes have to circle in a holding pattern for half an hour before landing, and where most of the passengers have to travel 100+ miles to reach them are?

What complete and utter tosh.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
stanton, So I drive 6 hours to Heathrow, lose my luggage in Terminal 5, depart two hours late as some supermodel is having a tantrum, have to wait three days before my skis turn up in resort, before returning to Heathrow and driving another 6 hours home again? Or should I just get on my Easyjet flight at my local airport, 20 minutes away, arriving on time and with my luggage? What complete baloney you talk!!!
snow report
Helen Beaumont, Took us 3 1/4 hours to get to Gatwick and an overnight hotel last week. Crying or Very sad
ski holidays
Helen Beaumont wrote:
stanton, So I drive 6 hours to Heathrow, lose my luggage in Terminal 5, depart two hours late as some supermodel is having a tantrum, have to wait three days before my skis turn up in resort, before returning to Heathrow and driving another 6 hours home again? Or should I just get on my Easyjet flight at my local airport, 20 minutes away, arriving on time and with my luggage? What complete baloney you talk!!!

Get your government to sort out your rail infrastructure & you wont have to take the car or plane anywhere.
ski holidays
stanton wrote:

Get your government to sort out your rail infrastructure & you wont have to take the car or plane anywhere.

Utter tosh, currently sat on the National Express London to Leeds train, using their free Wifi. works fine IMHO, nothing to "sort out", however doesn't help me go skiing!!
snow report
And once he gets off his train at Kings Cross he is a short transfer from the new Eurostar terminal.
ski holidays
I have had to travel with EasyJet on a number of occasions to the UK & Switzerland (as a last resort). I can honestly say they are the worst airline i have ever travelled with. I really hope they go out of business Very Happy
snow conditions
stanton, I have used them a few times and the plane hasn't crashed, I got their on time, I flew from a local airport and they were cheaper than anyone else. Not sure what else one expects in a short haul flight?
snow report
My experience of real flying has been with easyJet has been the same as thefatcontroller's.
snow report
thefatcontroller, I'd have to agree having had similar experiences. However I witnessesed an easy flight from Bournemouth to Poland getting cancelled IN the departure area literally just before boarding only two days before last Christmas with no alternative offered, just a refund. It may be to the 50 plus Poles trying to get home for xmas credit that they did'nt riot or it may be they had'nt quite understood the announcement in english, I was boarding a few minutes later so did'nt get to see... Shocked
snow conditions
Frosty, BA ...T5, its so easy to blame Easyjet, Ryanair etc for all flight woes............These guys run incredibly tight financial models and if something goes wrong it can be nasty but I still think this is only a miniority of flights. Lets not forget before Ryanair, Easyjet, there were no real flights out of regional airports and those that flew out of regionals charged huge prices. How many now take 2nd skiing holidays simply because of low cost carriers?
ski holidays
thefatcontroller wrote:
stanton, I have used them a few times and the plane hasn't crashed, I got their on time, I flew from a local airport and they were cheaper than anyone else. Not sure what else one expects in a short haul flight?

Wot he said.
snow report
How can they justify £33 for the carriage of a pair of skis? In some cases that would be ore than the flight itself !

thefatcontroller wrote:
How many now take 2nd skiing holidays simply because of low cost carriers?

I just do the sport if I want a "holiday" then I go to Greece or somewhere in the sun Very Happy
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy