Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski school Mayrhofen - Feb 2009

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I am going to Mayrhofen for half term next year with my wife and daughter and would be grateful for some feedback on the best ski schools:

My wife is a nervous Blue run skier who needs patient instruction - she can ski well enough to tackle reds but gets spooked by the slope.

My daughter, who will be 14 when we travel, is a very good skier who can tackle most of what the mountain can throw at her. She has completed staeg "Or" in France with both Oxygene and ESF. She preferred the Oxygene fun approach and now wants to move on to more speed / carving lessons.

Any feedback gratefully received.

Thanks
Ian
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
iandblack2000,Try SMT really great and have everytype of instructor form the local seasond pro to the traveling kiwis and brits. Anyone I know that has dealt wiht them has great thigs to say about them. Family have used them a few times and always positive feedback. I belive from others that the Everest ski school is pretty good to. Enjoy the trip
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks for that Very Happy
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
iandblack2000, all of the ski schools in Mayrhofen and Finkenberg have an excellent reputation, so you'll not go wrong with any of them. Die Roten Profis are also worth a look, as is the Skischule Finkenberg, so depending on whether you're in the middle of town or not, there are plenty of options.

For your wife, it may be best to look at the schools which operate initially on the Ahorn - it's quieter, has more long and wide blue runs to build technique and confidence, and then if the time is right, it has a spectacular red run into town. The main hill, Penken, is very busy at the best of times (as is the cable car to get to it), and for those who can't ski reds, there are few options - runs 2 and 20 are long blues, but they're basically a roadway down the hill, so they are narrow for most of their length, and depending on the conditions and the time of year, some parts can end up like a shallow half pipe, which isn't very easy to negotiate in traffic if you're concentrating on not falling over. If you want to stay together, then you and your daughter will quickly tire of Ahorn, so that may be a factor. The main Penken runs (1/6/11 red) are great fun until they get busy, and for improving beginners they have enough easy bypasses to allow them to get down without too much stress.

Make sure that you and your daughter take the time to cover the whole area - the Horberg runs and the Katzenmoos run from the top of the Finkenberg lift are highly recommended, and if you can get out to Zell am Ziller, Gerlos, Hintertux, etc then there are good and quiet slopes to be found.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy