Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

learning to ski the park...

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I've never really paid much attention to skiing in the park - or pipe - except for occasional glimpses on Xtreme Sports and last week we watched some canadian duuuudes rippin it up in Banff. How do you go about learning that kind of stuff. I like the technicalities of it (it's the same reason i like riding north shore stuff on my bike) and would be interested to learn some park techniques. Would i need to get a lesson at somewhere like Braehead or even Hillend?

Any info, much appreciated.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Don't think lessons are needed. When I started I just tried and then progressed bigger and bigger as my confidence grew. Was never one for rails, but to give you an idea-could hit all the kickers with a simple grab at Sunshine excluding the massive one on the far side.

Ross
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
shoogly,
The parc above 1600 in Les Arcs has three routes down - a green, a red and a black, as well as a boarder-cross. So you can start at the appropriate level and build up. Some of us older farts have been having fun on the greens, and then in the bar afterwards ("yeah...been in the Parc... ripped it man..." etc.) but you can soon get the feel for speed, take off techniques, landings (of various descriptions...), and move onto the next challenge. They also have baby rails for learners too.

Also many of the ski instructors take their group classes there, give them some hints / tips, and away they go. The 9 year old with us this year was doing the red jumps after her class's second visit. And loving every minute of it.

Private instructors too get caught up in this atmosphere if you ask nicely, taught us to ski switch for example, and the way to effectively go forwards- backwards- forwards without interrupting the flow - useful for checking on where the ducklings are behind you!

So, you can either do it for yourself, or get help. Indeed, 'getting help' is often what's suggested when I tell people that's where I'm going.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy