Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Crystal Club Hotel Turquoise - Belle Plagne - Review

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Been 3 times with Esprit but the last minute deal we were offered last week for Crystal made it a no brainer but how do Crystal compare to Esprit?

Hard to do a complete comparison because the child care with Crystal was closed last week. However Crystal staff appear to be asleep compared with Esprit. The food was ok, the room cleaning non existent, and generally most of the staff looked like they were asleep.

However...................

I have read about ski in/ ski out places but I would find it hard to beleive there is a much better location to stay in the Alps. The hotel is basically on the corner of a run, the view from our room was extradionary, snow and runs in every direction. In actual fact at times when the sun shone we had to wear sun glasses in the room because of the glare of the snow.

You walk out the door of the hotel and the kids meeting place for lessons is there. The resort is car free, you can genuinely ski to the door from the direction of any run that passes Belle Plagne. Outside the door too is a big run that cuts through the village. Once the lifts shut it is a brillant palce to take the kids bum boarding. Our 3 kids loved the place, so much snow and so much fun to be had. Amazingly as well ESF were good Shocked Toofy Grin .

All in all an extradionary location, you can get anywhere in La Plagne or even Les Arcs (when the washing line re-opens). Ok Crystal ain't as professional as Esprit but I would rate the location as a real winner if you have kids.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Out of interest how were Esprit? looking to book next Easter hols......
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
kitenski, Stayed with Esprit in Montchavin twice and Peisey. Food and generally how the places were run is much better than Crystal (though I caveat that by saying that last week was last week of the year for Crystal so we may have suffered slighlty from that). Where Esprit win hands down in child care, it is amazing. We aren't going with Esprit next year but friends are.

Esprit ain't cheap but if you want a skiing holiday where you have young kids and want them to be happy, can't fault them but given the choice of the hotel in Belle Plagne or Esprit in Peisey I would go Crystal as the location is extradionary?

Hope that helps.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
thefatcontroller, Happy Birthday Very Happy

Will you post some pics of the Turquoise? I can't say I have noticed a Crystal hotel up there Toofy Grin

Lizzards view on Crystal's staffing will be interesting Toofy Grin
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
boredsurfin, Sorry no pictures as we had broken our camera. It's No.28. bottom right hand corner. Only as we stayed in Belle Plagne have we realised there are loads of ways to actually ski into the village and right ot the door of the Hotel Toofy Grin

http://www.la-plagne.com/en/belle-plagne.phtml
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
thefatcontroller, aha, didn't realise that was a Crystal op, great location Very Happy
I would comment on your superb bargain but I'll get flamed elsewhere if I do rolling eyes
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hey people, nearly ski time again.woohoo.. i actually worked in the Turquiose as a crystal nanny 2007/2008.. going to be an espirit nanny this year tho in Kaprun in Austria.. cant wait.... think im with the better company now... Smile
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

Crystal staff appear to be asleep compared with Esprit. The food was ok, the room cleaning non existent, and generally most of the staff looked like they were asleep.

Apparently they're getting paid £19.50 a week, so really you should be happy that they are actually alive and have the correct number of arms and legs. Shocked
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Lizzard, rates of pay for chalet staff are shockingly bad. £19.50 a week to be in charge of kids all week is slave labour. Not as if you get much skiing done when you're a nanny either.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Helen Beaumont, I'm assuming that wage was for hotel staff, who are always the lowest paid. Not that anyone else gets much more than about a tenner extra, mind.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I recall a rep working for Ski Equity, telling us that she was paid £6 per day, plus her board and lodging, ski equipment, insurance etc., and lessons when she arrived, as she had never skied before taking on the job.....She was a pretty good rep IME, and did make a bit on tips, free drinks in some bars etc too, but £6 a day still equates to £42 pw - LOADS more than above and this is a few years ago.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
thefatcontroller, didn't see this when you originally posted. We stayed at the Turquoise in our first-ever ski holiday, and I thought the staff were pretty good! (February 2005.)

You're right about the location, can't be bettered!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy