Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Rosier Trip Report April 5th - 12th 2008

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Back from a family week from 5th to 12th April in La Rosier. Firstly, thanks to the people here who recommended the resort to me this time last year.

A quick summary…

Resort
Pretty(ish), fairly small and compact. Just about the right number of shops and restaurants for the week.
Free, regular bus service - which was invaluable as we were in the Eucherts end of the resort. Spectacular views into the valley below.

Busy-ness
Resort was quiet. Mostly un-crowded slopes and not one lift queue to speak of. Did hit one lift mid week with perhaps 10 (yes 10) people in the “queue” in front - came as a bit of a shock I can tell you.

Weather
Blue sky day on the Monday. After that, with the exception of Sat morning, weather was windy/snowy/rainy. Apparently the wind isn’t uncommon - certainly the worst I’ve experienced.

Eating Out
L’Ancolie - nice but bloomin expensive
Le Genepi - fanstatic… again not cheap but well worth it imho

La Grange (in Eucherts) - slow slow service, food ranged from ok to poor.

Accommodation
Les Cimes Blanches. Very nice. 1 bedroom apartments on the small side - ours in particular could be described as poky. Great facilities - indoor pool, Jacuzzi, steam room, sauna. Locker rooms with (almost) piste access. Would happily visit again - probably a 2 bedroom this time though.

Ski School
Kids had private lessons which they thoroughly enjoyed with Evolution 2. Wouldn’t hesitate to use them again.

Pistes/Skiing/Boarding
Well here’s the only negative thing. The pistes (on and off) were fine for the kids, but for me and my compadre (both experienced skiers/boarders) were short, limited, and unvaried. There was a disappointing number of drag lifts and a number of long, narrow, and flat cat tracks linking pistes, which was a big issue for me as I mainly board.

On a semi humorous note, went over to Italy one day on what had to be the longest drag lift I’ve ever been on. A nightmare for me on a board. It was made worse by the white out which meant that you had no idea how much further you had to go. Great to be in Italy but what’s with the toilets there??? Holes in the ground….

Summary
Overall a resort I would happily recommend. The more experienced might find the limited terrain a little frustrating.

Ian
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quote:

Great to be in Italy but what’s with the toilets there??? Holes in the ground….

Oooh yes, some are aweful, but there are some ncie ones outside Roxy's at the bottom of Fourclaz.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Ian,

Did you venture off piste at all?

regards,

Greg
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:

Did you venture off piste at all?

On the blue sky Monday we did a few hours of off piste as the snow was fresh and largely untracked. Great fun - even though the particular off piste we found wasn't hugley challenging.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
IANL100, just booked same week, same place next season Very Happy Very Happy just wondering - looks easy enough to ski back to Les Eucherts but what is it like getting to La Rosiere in the morning? Or do Evolution 2 have a rendezvous somewhere else too, just in case kids have lessons? Also is there a bar called Le Moo?

Frosty the Snowman,
Quote:

Oooh yes, some are aweful, but there are some ncie ones outside Roxy's at the bottom of Fourclaz.

Mental note made. Actually no, worth jotting down, thank you wink
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Lou, jotting down to save squatting down, eh?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
IANL100, It is spelt La Rosiere by the way.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
So tempting . . . but I won't Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
IANL100, glad you had a good time. Yup, as a boarder you do need to look ahead and occasionally build up some speed but it does fit the bill for families that need to keep close.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Lou wrote:
Or do Evolution 2 have a rendezvous somewhere else too, just in case kids have lessons?

I'm pretty sure they have lessons starting from both "sides" of the village, or at least one company does! I remember asking where Les Eucherts was when we booked are lessons as there was an option for a meeting point there. There is a also a free bus in between each area.

regards,

greg

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Fri 2-05-08 8:47; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:

looks easy enough to ski back to Les Eucherts but what is it like getting to La Rosiere in the morning? Or do Evolution 2 have a rendezvous somewhere else too

From Cimes Blanches there's piste access via the locker rooms and there's a four (could be six) man chair that you can take then ride down to the La Ros Evo 2 meeting place - its a nice blue down If I remember correctly. It's a good way to warm up. Failing that, there's a free ski bus every 30 mins that departs 100m from reception. Our kids had private lessons and the Evo 2 instructor was kind enough to drop them back at the apartments when we wanted - otherwise I believe the only meeting point is in La Ros.

Quote:

IANL100, It is spelt La Rosiere by the way.

Whoops.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thanks all snowHead am quite excited about Cimes Blanches too as more upmarket than our normal ski haunts - sauna included oooohhh

pam w, exactly Laughing
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy