Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

So much snow!!!! (Why is no-one skiing on it???)

Poster: A snowHead
I wish this was a direct report but it's purely one from observation driving up last night and down this morning. Plus confirmation from my on site reporters.

Chamonix (and it looks like Grand Massif, PDS, Aravis, etc.) are just bulging with the stuff. I hear the snow is fantastic. There are outrageous quantities of quality skiing to be had.

Easyjet is quoting £180-ish out Thursday afternoon, back first thing Tuesday.

Why is no-one skiing???

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Thu 17-04-08 6:39; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
David Murdoch, Very quiet here too! the only Q I've seen this week was the eggs to go down late last night - all other lifts were off. Enjoy! Very Happy
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
easiski, can't wait for the weekend...here it comes...yippee!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Yes, fantastic day yesterday. There are certainly some skiers round here and lots of kids out with ski schools, though not enough to create much in the way of lift queues. Conditions are magnificent and yesterday, with fresh snow all over the trees and wall to wall sunshine, was particularly enjoyable.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Flying out to GVA in 5 hours.......... Very Happy snowHead Very Happy
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Just packing my bag. Grand Massif Express, here we come! Very Happy
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Off to chamonix this arvo Cool
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Verbier in 10days...
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Remember all those folk anxiously asking "Is March too late for skiing?"
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Verbier tonight
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Freestyle wrote:
Just packing my bag. Grand Massif Express, here we come! Very Happy

We're 3 boarders off to Flaine this afternoon!
Love Grand Massif in April, this is our 4th year running, snow looking good as usual snowHead

If you have walkie talkies we are on Ch 8-16 if you're over flaine way.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
If we had any holidays left we'd be straight out there Sad
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Because what hasn't already closed in eastern CH will be doing so this coming weekend and I'm going to have to work Sad
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
South Yorkshire has just had a good dump too Shocked Maybe you should all be heading to GVA and getting a flight to Doncaster to enjoy some spring skiing Toofy Grin
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
FenlandSkier, perhaps a Post End of Season Bash in Scotland in 2-3 weeks? Very Happy (oops, thread hijack...maybe boredsurfin will be along in a minute, he has a nose for these things...)

Last edited by Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name: on Thu 17-04-08 11:15; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
FenlandSkier wrote:
South Yorkshire has just had a good dump too Shocked Maybe you should all be heading to GVA and getting a flight to Doncaster to enjoy some spring skiing Toofy Grin

That it did! Although it has more or less gone now. The hills over Sheffield have a nice cover to them. Very Happy
snow conditions
Avoriaz on Saturday! snowHead
ski holidays
Just got back from Chamonix and there is plenty of snow above 1800m, though no where near the 6m that SCGB seem to be quoting.

We're out again in a couple of weeks for the end of season weekend though the snow is going to last a lot longer than that. However it looks as though the real action right now is up in Scotland snowHead

Simply stunning conditions being reported on Winterhighland.
snow report
David Murdoch wrote:

Why is no-one skiing???

They are, that is why they are not posting Happy

Mont Saxonnex, Aravis, this am
ski holidays
David Murdoch, same thing here very quiet and La Thuile is as well, most odd.
snow report
davidof, jealous...

David@traxvax, I heard from my reporters of the week that there were 20 skiers on Brevent-Flegere Wednesday...and the Flegere cable closed due to lack of interest... Puzzled
snow report
David Murdoch we might come out over may bank hol w/e just from fri night until sunday as i think the Grand Montets is open until that monday Very Happy , is one of your flats available if we need accom?
snow report
David Murdoch, Easyjet only timetable flights Glasgow to/from GVA on Saturday/Sunday. Why? WHY? Evil or Very Mad

Edit to include "Glasgow!"

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Thu 17-04-08 20:34; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
[quote="Peter S"]Just got back from Chamonix and there is plenty of snow above 1800m, though no where near the 6m that SCGB seem to be quoting.
Just back from Chamonix also, and the skiing was good so long as you went high. Another bonus was buy a days ski pass get the next for €1 - not bad for a day on Grands Montets :sH
snow report
Rossfra8 it's still ok from Gatwick but appreciate that doesnt really help you........
latest report
Roger C, we can accommodate you - GMs close May 11 - P.M. on way...am looking forward to closing the (lift served) (ski) season grand stylee that weekend...

Rossfra8, Cos they're gits that's why. Although it has to be said that Turnhouse isn't that much further from my parents house than Abbotsinch. And has a marginally nicer Priority Pass enabled lounge.
ski holidays
Used up all my bloody holiday Evil or Very Mad
snow conditions
Sharkymark, a short weekend? Out Fri pm, in Mon am and straight to work? Or, over Mayday weekend, fly straight to work on Tue? Alternatively a sickie for a couple of days, just don't get a tan!!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
With regards to not getting a tan while taking a sickie, I spoke to a few raccoon eyed lobsters on CairnGorm on Wednesday who'll have some job explaining their sickie.... snowHead
ski holidays
"Honest, boss, I was as sick as a dog. I think I've caught a seasonal skin disorder, which reddens the whole face, but doesn't attack the eye area because the electrical charge sent out by the optic nerves creates a kind of barrier area where the bacteria can't penetrate. There's a name for it, after a German guy - pulverkrank. A couple of my mates have got it too."

Not sure it will work, though!
latest report
Was going to say the only place that really needs snow is Spain's Sierra Nevada -

this is from last Saturday the 12th

but just looked on webcams and looks like its been and still is snowing. They are planning one more weekend of opening but ski pass calender expected season to run a bit longer - they have had a dry winter but we had a great weekend as it had snowed on the Friday night Very Happy
ski holidays
For me its becuase I burnt all those odd vacation long weekend days during the "snowsure" TM period of late Jan - early March. Still conditions will have returned to reliable freeze thaw bulletproof by the time I'm out for May day weekend I'm sure.

Snowsure TM- snow is sure but it's sure not that much fun wink

Actually not that bad but I'm just a bit jealous of conditions from Easter onwards.
snow report
David Murdoch, Would LOVE to be skiing on it, breaks my heart looking at the webcams from here in wet England Sad Was just coming to terms with a long summer ahead having just confirmed our December/Jan ski and then it started snowing on flippin' Dr Who rolling eyes
I wish anyone lucky enough to be there, a cracking good ski.
latest report
well there were a few more people up here at the top of the Les Saisies domaine (the very top is only 2006m!) last week than there were reported at Flegere. You can make out a few dots on the piste; it was about as crowded as it usually is (ie not very!). There were also a reasonable number enjoying stunning conditions on the penultimate day at Les Contamines today.
ski holidays
They were certainly skiing on it at CairnGorm on Saturday, was quite surprised to traverse around out of Coire Laogh Mor via the low level Laogh Mor Return to see a full Ciste Carpark! snowHead
snow report
Grands Montets interesting yesterday - about 10cms fresh on v hard base - entertaining none the less. Brevent today however was suffering a huge hangover (or maybe I was) and we did a few runs before an excellent if expensive lunch.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy