Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Geneva

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Because our Chalet in Morzine closes on the 25th and we don't fly home until the 26th we are staying in Geneva for the Friday night, our flight is at 5pm on Saturday so we have some time to fill, so:

Suggestions on where to stay
Suggestions on where to eat
Suggestions on where to go out (night)
Suggestionson where to go out (day)

Thanks in advance.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Standee, check this out http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=39027
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Standee, go to Chamonix and spend 4 or 5 hours skiing? Geneva is really, really, boring (ducks....)
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
It is pretty dull. The old town is mildly attractive, and the lake is, well, a big exapnse of water. Boat trips are available, but they are really only a way of filling an idle hour or two instead of sitting in a cafe doing nothing; they are among the dullest boat trips known to man. Lausanne, a short train ride away is marginally more interesting and attractive.

Eating is pretty good in Geneva and Lausanne; a good dinner and an an early lunch could occupy most of your free time. The first class buffet at the main railway station (Cornavin, from where you go out to the airport) certainly used to be good; you don't need a first class ticket.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
do you want cheap, in the city centre, close to the aiport or something else???
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
We leave Morzine at 7pm on the Friday, it's about an hour to Geneva so we will be there at 8, next day our flight leaves at 15:40 so I am assuming we need to be in GVA around 13:30-14:00.

Not sure how far it is from Geneva centre to the airport, would like somewhere "nice" but not stupidy expensive.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Standee, a number of hotels do shuttles to the airport. Will you still have a car? Driving towards Lausanne from the airport, on the motorway, you can get down to the north shore of the lake very easily. It's more attractive out there than right in Geneva itself, I reckon. Should be able to find a nice lunch spot. On the other hand, if you want to buy a stupidly expensive watch..... One thing I have wondered about is going up the Telepherique de (? forgotten the name) which is not far from the airport, accessed by the last motorway "aire" before going through the Swiss border at Bardonnex. Supposed to be some great views up there, and places to eat. It would be interesting to hear from someone who's been up there.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Travel along the motorway to Montreux. There are restaurants along the lakeshore, visit Chateau Chillon have your photo taken by the statue of Freddy Mercury (cheesy I know but....).
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy