Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Rosiere in April - Easter 2009

Poster: A snowHead
Can anyone recommend a good hotel /appartment / chalet in La Rosiere - with easy piste access?

We're mulling over options for Easter (April) 2009 - thinking of Les Arc, La Rosiere, Cervinia or Obertauern.

Unlike this year, thr timing of Easter means that everywhere in the UK and in France will be on holidays at the same time so need to book early and also need to find somewhere that hasn't ramped its prices up!

Thanks Happy

PS 12 of us (three families)
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Budget?
Catered?
Tour Operator?

Easter is late next year and La Rosiere does get the sun.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Catered: Probably not but wouldn't rule it out
Budget: £900 for family of four - accomodation only - less if possible of course.
Tour Operator: depends

Easter Holidays for our kids are virtually the same - April 5th last year, April 4th this year.
Difference is that Easter itself is at the same time soo all the schools will be on holiday at the same time, unlike this year when they have been spread out over several weeks. Some French hols began this wekk, but will probably all start April 4th next year as well (guess).
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Frosty when you say "La Rosiere does get the sun" I take it that is bad for April ?
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Have a look at http://www.leplanica.com/frame_hiver_e.htm

Really smart complex with a pool and all the works. Ski in, and classed as ski out, but a bit of a faff.

La Rosiere is South facing, and the slopes face the sun, truly beautiful on a spring afternoon. The downside is the snow can get soft in the sunlight. If you can ski a propoer red then the Slopes of LA Thuile and the col area are mainly south facing. SNow depths are generally not a problem.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Frosty the Snowman,
Quote:

Slopes of LA Thuile and the col area are mainly south facing.

Puzzled Puzzled Puzzled
Mainly North and East I think.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
T Bar wrote:
Frosty the Snowman,
Quote:

Slopes of LA Thuile and the col area are mainly south facing.

Puzzled Puzzled Puzzled
Mainly North and East I think.

Yes, I think Frosty's fingers got ahead of his brain. La Rosière and les Eucherts are South, as is the Fort area. Marmottes (top) and its neighbours more East, so hold the snow better. The col largely North and West. La Thuile above the village mostly East, so the sun is less of an issue in la Thuile but it can get pretty cold for the same reason and them winds do blow. That said there is often plenty of snow in La Ros and I usually prefer the sun and soft snow option.

David
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
DJ, Thank you Embarassed Embarassed
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Given we're going at the send of the season perhaps we should consider La Thuile instead?
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
You could try planibel apartments in la thuile. Monte bianco ones are the best, you can book independently, and they do sunday to sunday as well as sat to sat. La rosiere was very soft right to the top in Feb half term this year, la thuile conditions were much better. (before all the late season snow arrived)
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
IMHO the town of La Rosiere is MUCH nicer than La Thuile, and the ski schools much better. Ya pays yer money, yer takes yer choice...
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I'd concur with FtS' assertion, especially with the fact that you're a family group. Better also for convenience of ski school, ski in/"ski out" etc.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
What will the snow be like in April 2009?
Will it be powder or heavy?

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
rungsp, I can't believe you asked such an absurd question. As an "uber"-resort, regardless of what the snow will be like, it will be the best in Europe rolling eyes
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
rungsp,

You know better than this. It's La Rosiere: therefore by definition it will be the most perfect light powder (but excellently groomed on-piste).
latest report
Acacia, Well it was this Easter Very Happy

Can we please stick to reasoned answers for reasonable questions.
latest report
Frosty the Snowman, it's still snowing now, snowed from Sun to Tues non-stop now it's started again, we've got enough. Skied fresh powder every day this week and not all the pistes ahve been bashed, skied all the way down to La Thuile yesterday on pista 7, never done that this late before, got to the Rascard, I'd promised some guests the best pizza in Italy and they'd shut the pizza oven down, we were tge only customers and La Thuile shuts on Sunday. C'est La Vie!
latest report
David@traxvax, I suppose they had to make do with the best lasagne in Italy instead? Wink
snow report
TallTone, no, it was the talletelle carbonara, hoping to get over again on Sat as the lifts in La Thuile shut on Sunday.
snow conditions
David@traxvax, do you get snow in the summer?
latest report
bh1, sometimes in June, but it's snowing now, has been all day and 35 cm is forecast for tonight above 2000m.
snow report
rungsp wrote:
What will the snow be like in April 2009?
Will it be powder or heavy?

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Can anyone out there with a crystal ball tell me what the snow will be like in Valloire New Year 2008/9, or is that a stupid question !!!
latest report
Kel,
Probably white. wink
snow report
Ahhh.. I think you have missed the point. Valloire doesn't have the confident fan base of La Rosiere, Valloire is subject to the normal rules of weather etc, however La Rosiere is always the best place in the world to it's fans - the snow is always impeccable, it's always going to be the perfect place to go to, the local micro climate will make the snow last really well but it's also going to be sunny always, the apartments will be the most luxurious, the resort the most child friendly.

We skied perfect powder in La Rosiere for two days, but after that we escaped to La Thuile every day to enjoy the slopes, weather and restaurants.
snow conditions
simonx, If you've not found anything you should try McKinley apartments ( http://www.lemckinley.com/ ). Right by the Roches Noires chairlift. They are truly ski-in and only a 50m walk to the lift. Restaurant downstairs, walking distance to all shops, restaurants etc. Location could not be better! We stayed in apartment E - well equipped and big enough for 6. The others are smaller I believe.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy