Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

mini TR: Parlor is a very generous host (with pics)

Poster: A snowHead
but also a terrible photo slut:

we had a great time in Verbier this weekend here are a few snaps

alex checks out a chute at the top of stairway:

paul:

what better way to end the weekend than with some lager hell:

great skiing with you, Gav. i am sure i'll be back!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Barstewards - I seem to have totally unlucked out in Yurp this season. Looks like Paul's silky ninja skills in play. How'd the XXLs go?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
the XXLs were awesome except:

in moguls (that's also partly because I suck)

when i got tired (ditto)
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Sweet stuff.. gotta get to verbier some day.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Nice stoke snowHead
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Parlor, this is eva....
not fair!!!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
eva, it wasn't that good. Wink I'll see you next weekend, if it warms up and they're doing the pond skiing I'm gonna tele across it. come watch, then hot tub after...

Arno, [coughing fit]Sorry, are you Mr Kettle or Mr Pot? [/coughing fit] Will post evidence tomorrow...

It was a great couple of days.

norris, it's rubbish really. Arno got lucky.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
parlor, i'm not admitting to anything until i see this "evidence"
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Arno wrote:
stop, stop, don't point that lens at me...

Arno entering Poubelle:

Poubelle:

And if that isn't enough, I have some video too...
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
i love how gnarly the poubelle looks in that shot

i think i have excessive tip lead in the final shot which disqualifies me as a photoslut wink
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Arno, you are correct.

However I know of a couple of drills................................... snowHead
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Mosha Marc, i'm not interested in the drills - i'm interested in the GEOMETRY
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Arno, Looks fab....

Did you walk far..?
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
JT, not really far but there were a couple of sweaty bootpacks (10-15 mins for me) over the two days

did you make it to Verbier on your Swiss trip?
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Arno,

No...had it all sort of arranged...took Verbier numbers etc, and then never got out of the other valley..which to be fair, was very good skiing for us...
If we had gone looking for that sort of stuff...if would have split the group right down the middle.... and the snow wasn't what is looks like now...so better the devil you know...in that we found great stashes in the NF gullies that we might have struggled to better in V..... tough call...but that TR looks the biz....
I'll have to get over there .....but I seem to be stacking up so many places in that regard.

Next year.. I think I'll do 4 dayers ..it is the only way to get all over...but then timing is the absolute key there..!!!
latest report
parlor wrote:
it's rubbish really. Arno got lucky.

wink

Really, all the times that I was in verbier was rubbish.....rubbish as the photos showed.... wink
snow report
AlTom, how is your leg?
snow report
parlor, After the RMI and the ecography, despite the doubts of the doctor it seems that not ligaments or meniscous affected, "only" a big broken in the intern part of the muscle , next to the knee insertion. And this broken (about 7cm) it produces a big hematoma and inflamation in the knee area that also contribute the lack of mobility and needs time to recover.... On monday next visit with the doctor to determine the final scope... Shocked Shocked

PD. About 2days ago the inflamation is going down step by step....
latest report
I'm soooo tempted to accrue a little more debt and hit Europe before the season ends...
latest report
DaveC, all the good lifts closed here yesterday. Plenty of touring left. Chamonix lifts are now being phased put but still some open for a few weeks...
snow report
parlor wrote:
DaveC, all the good lifts closed here yesterday. Plenty of touring left. Chamonix lifts are now being phased put but still some open for a few weeks...

i will now have my customary whinge about lifts closing far too early etc...
snow conditions
Arno, please do, and aim some it at Televerbier. We still have a week of getting to Attalas, so we can hike the Mont Gele or skin elsewhere. At this rate though it'll be another couple of weeks until we can drive to Ruinetttes so we can skin from there. Idiots. Just 'cause they want to go back to farming cows. I NEED TO SKI.
snow conditions
Arno wrote:
parlor wrote:

i will now have my customary whinge about lifts closing far too early etc...

Arno - April 6th. Over 100cm of snow has hit Fernie since I last skiied and the lifts last opened. Still a 3-4m base. Life could be a lot worse in Europe Sad
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy