Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Rossi Passion 1s - ? a good 1st ski?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
fed up with hit & miss hire skis so my wife is looking at buying a pair in the end of season sales. She's competent parallel skier but not adventerous or ever to be terribly fast or go off piste. Happy on blues & the occaisional red if she has to. Has been many weeks on the snow over the years - a classic Blues cruiser , I guess.
Is there any reason NOT to buy a pair (seems to be all I can find in the desired 145-150cm length) ?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I don't think many people know this ski.

If your wife has sound technique but is just too wary of going beyond what she is comfortable with, then this soft beginners type ski might suffice.
I don't think it is likely to help her on icy stuff though and unless she can avoid that stuff, then I'd think she would be better of on a stiffer ski.
Just an opinion after a quick read up on the ski.. a soft starter type ski, IMV. She might be too good for it. Go a bit stiffer..??
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
How about a pair of Head Cool Thangs? Light, easy to ski and capable of reasonable performance. They won't intimidate your wife and should help her to progress.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
thanks for the suggestions - lightness is definitely important, reassurance on ice would also be a definite plus - I'll have a look at the Heads - any other skis out there we should be considering?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
My sister once skied on a pair of cheap noodles...

She skiied fine on blues, bit slower on reds.
Then I was like... I think she is better then that... Arranged her a pair of C9 atomics... next day she came down the very convincingly black graded Schilthorn 'better' then the day before on a not very hard red.

Get Mrsgvj a quality ski, not a cheap noodle (and i don't mean a fis spec rockhard stick, just quality ski, like some that are already suggested)
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy