Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

SOLDEN - Austria

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm thinking of Solden next year. Any comments on this resort, recommendations of cheap places to stay and any hints and tips generally.

Many Thanks
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
We really liked Solden, despite uncharacteristically poor snow and would return. There is plenty of intermediate terrain and the glacier is excellent. Many of the runs are long and link well and there are few of the annoying tracks that you find padding out the stats in some resorts. The ski area deserves to be better known in the UK, it is more extensive than Obergurgl.

If you go, make sure you get the ski pass that gets you a cheap day in Obergurgl and take the bus there. It was a nice day out and the Reds on Hochgurgl were lovely with one very satisfying descent from top to bottom ending by a popular bar.

We stayed in the Pension Sonnenheim and can thoroughly recommend it. It was very reasonable and the food was excellent for the price. The room was really warm and comfortable, the best bed & bedding I have had on a ski holiday. I posted a review on the Ski Club website if you want to take a look, - I don't know how to do links I'm afraid.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Libertine, welcome to snowHeads snowHead

Hullite, links are easy. Copy the web address from your browser and paste it into the box here. The forum software will convert it to a link.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Elizabeth B, Thanks! http://www.skiclub.co.uk/skiclub/resorts/gssg/readerfeedback.asp
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I posted a trip report here. It's from 2005, but my experiences were pretty similar to Hullite.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
See my comments in this thread. If you have any specific questions then I might be able to help with then just ask.

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=840907&highlight=#840907
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy