Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Without pics this is going to be difficult

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Whilst skiing back to Les Gets from our day trip to the Swiss Wall the other week, we were tootling down a track back to Avoriaz and came across a gaggle (no other word for it) of people waiting by the right of the piste. On the left hand side as we approached said gaggle, there was a 20 - 30 foot high side of a hill, on the right was a 10-15 foot drop to an adjacent track. The next thing a snowboarder launched himself of the hill top to our left, sailed over our heads and nailed a landing on the lower track Shocked
I have to admit it was most spectacular. There were a few guys with expensive looking cameras (definitely saw a Hassleblad and a Nikon with a v.long lens) so I'm thinking the jump was staged.

I've trawled t'web to try and find a pic but to no avail. The chalet guys back in Les Gets were impressed with our tale but I would love to find a pic of the actual event.

I would never even consider attempting such a stunt either on skis (my weapon of choice) or a board.

Did anybody else see this or got any clues as to who it was and where to find a picture?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The road gap jump in the film Vivid with the Beastie Boys soundtrack?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
halfhand, in a number of recent snowboard videos there has been a sequence doing exactly what you describe....i can't recall exactly where the footage i've seen is taken from but Avoriaz rings a bell. I think the 'jump' has also been 'named' after the first rider who nailed it.

I'm pretty sure its featured on 'Bad Ass Big Airs' - a Lockdown Projects movie from 2005... so far Ibou've only found this clip http://www.broadbandsports.com/node/2120 which is a trailer / teaser...about 1min 34secs in is a shot of the path I think you describe, but they don't show the guy jumping it! More googling required, i think!

It looks totally awesome in the video's so must've been mad to see in true life!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Yep was a big suprise. Perhaps I didn't make it clear in my first post. The jump I saw took place on Thursday 27 March 2008.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I'm 99% sure it'a called the Romain Gap after the very famous snowboarder Romain De Marchi who was one of the first to nail it.

I have ton's of footage and pics in the house but I'll have a look for an online pic, works very quiet!!

joe
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
joe1978, ah, I think that's it... a search on google showed that 'rudechalet' company promotes one of its chalets as it has a view of said gap! - no luck yet finding pics or footage on the net thou!

halfhand, was it just stills or video footage as well that you saw them taking? I expect it'll take some time for what you saw to appear, as I guess it will be a pro set up and the pics will either be in the mags or a film later in the year?
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Richie_S, I only saw stills being taken but I guess there could have been some video being shot.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy