Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Movement skis

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Due to my skis being somewhere that I wasn't I had to hire some skis for skiing Glencoe yesterday.

I paid a little extra and was given skiis previously unknown to me, i.e. Movement skis - I think they were the "thunder" model?

Being freeride skis I found them very stiff and also longer and wider than I normally ski with (bandit x).

On piste they were like two planks, but off piste in the soft snow, crud, and generally hacking it down the mountain between the rocks and piste I found them superb! By early afternoon I was pretty tired after going full tilt since 9am but I have to say I was very impressed with them off piste, but hard work on the piste especially with tired legs.

Anyone else had experience of these skiis?

Cheers
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
scotabroad,
Not the Thunder although I did enquire after it.... It is supposed to be about 92mm so it could be something to look at for what I want to do.

I think Movement make good skis... The Gladiator and Goliath are also of interest.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
i've got 2 pairs of glads (one with AT bindings) and a pair of goliaths. Never skied the Thunders.

Gladiators are fantastic, obviously off-piste but surprisingly good on piste too. All are pretty stiff, so you need to be a strong powerful skier or a fatass (i won't say which i am Toofy Grin ). Thunders are likely one of the stiffest models, so might be worth trying a couple of others if you get the chance - can definitely recommend the gladiators as an all-mountain ski (particularly for somewhere like glencoe!)
Great skis.
(purchasing the goliaths was a bit extravagant and pretty unnecessary but then i did get them half-price online!)
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Only with the more narrow (only 82mm) Sparks, which have more sidecut so the tip/tail are the same as the Thunder.

Found them Very agile, and even on piste was far from unpleasant... pretty agile and reliable still.. (but no they are not at all FIS racers...)
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Have Gladiators and Sparks. Love 'em. Nuff said.

Looking forward to the Goliath Sluffs next season. Twisted Evil

Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Spikyhedgehog, my, that's a big quiver you have!
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
What a fantastic range of colours and top coat designs too.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Played with Joysticks a couple of seasons ago and now use Sparks. Movement make nice skis - they use real wood, unlike some dog foods ye purchase wink
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Just had a call from Movement HQ in Switzerland. They're bringing 25 pairs of 09 skis to the test for Monday and Tuesday.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
kiwi1, now that is good news!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Including those big Goliaths? Twisted Evil
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Spikyhedgehog, Not sure. All they said was 25pais of next seasons skis.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy