Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Changing bindings from downhill to touring

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
This is probably a stupid question but I wanted to check this before |I base all my plans around it. Can you replace downhill bindings with touring (in principle) or is it not advisable? Are there any considerations (I currently have Marker) when approaching doing this?

Many thanks
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Yes in principle no different to redrilling for some new alpine binders. In practice if you're asking thew question I guess you'll need a competent workshop to do it and your bog std uk ski shop may not be that familiar or have the jigs for AT binders. Plus you'll need to plug the old holes and possibly put up with a marginally shifted position on the ski.

Assuming your ski has a flat top - if you've rails or some other mickey mouse binding system then yo might be better buying new skis.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Yes, they're zags, flat, wood core, light and versatile - so I want to take them with me! So the old holes are not a significant weakness?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
no bother, did exactly this a couple of years ago and all's fine. get someone proper to do it though
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
22 dropout, If the new drill holes are too close to the old holes then this will cause weakness and so the holes will need to be plugged with a resin of sorts. There is a shop in London that claims to drill - Finches, and Ellis Brigham workshop guy was on this board recently also claiming to be able to handle this job. Alternatively Chamonix has plenty of tech shops.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
22 dropout, S&R Covent Garden did exactly this job for me a couple of years' back.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
22 dropout, spyderjon was doing that for quite a few clients at the beginning of the season. He's based near Nottingham - if you can get there I'd say he's one of the better ski technicians in the UK.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thank you all. 'Explores it is then. I will get them done in Chamonix as I am there often (am there now and there's another half metre or so of fresh falling). Anywhere you recommend in particular?
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
22 dropout, Get a guide and take precautions, the glaciers around Chamonix are very complicated and the mountains are steep and avalanche prone.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy