Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Montgenevre

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi

I am looking to go to Montgenevre on 27th December 2008 and want to stay for 7 days. I am going with a wide range of ability, with one very nervous beginner so thought that this would be ideal as it has quite a few greens.

I am trying to find accommodation, does anyone know of any good websites or chalets/apartments. I am looking for 3 double bedrooms and preferably more than 1 bathroom and with ski in ski out.

Cheers.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi Olisav,

I came back from my first visit to Montgenevre last month. I went with a large group, 12 people, and we hired out the whole of Chalet Vannoir which is a Crystal Chalet. This probably isn't that suitable for your group but I'm sure you'll find something. I think Neilson have chalets there, and then there are whole host of apartments, but these looked locally marketed I think.

As for Montgenevre itself - I loved it, was by far the best resort i've been to in a while. We had 5 beginners with us, 1 of which had never even been on skis bar 2 snowdome lessons. They all loved it. There are lots of easy greens and blues at the bottom of resort. Plus at the top of the bowl there's a green down to a mountain restaurant and then a blue from there to resort, so all beginners can get to the top of the mountain and ski all the way down (which I thought is quite unusual really). We used A-Peak ski school not ESF and found them to be fantastic, we had private mid morning lessons not groups though.

If you're an intermediate it's also great and the runs in Claviere are well worth a visit. Lots of Red runs, not many blacks but enough I'm sure. Anyone that wants more blacks can utilise the one days skiing elsewhere in the Milky Way if purchasing the Monts de la Lune pass.

Anything else you need to know just shout - I'm no expert, but I loved it! Smile

Liz
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Reccomend these guys http://www.go-montgenevre.com/

I stayed in ski in/out appartments with them. That page has all the appartments in the block I stayed in http://www.go-montgenevre.com/apartments/la_ferme_d.htm

went with them last christmas. Everything was brilliant and they're very friendly people.

ESF in my opinion are excellent in Montgenevre. Used them for the past 2 years.

Give James an email at james@go-montgenevre.com He'll sort you out with everything you need.

why do you want more than 1 bathroom?

Good luck
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hi,

Thanks for the replies. I am going with my parents, and they quite like having there own bathroom. also, when there are 6, it can take along time for everyone to get ready. I have sent james an email so will hopefully get something soon.

Oli
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
olisav, how old are you? if you don't mind me asking.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I am 27, took my folks for the first time this winter to saas fee. they are in there 50's. my dad enjoyed it, but my mum was a bit of a slow beginner. that's why this resort appeals, lots of green slopes. I go afew times a year, so not to concerned about myself, but still looks good. I am actually of to chamonix tomorrow, seen as we had a load of late snow this season.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
olisav, is your mum going to have lessons?

You like someone who has some ability. There is some testing off piste if you want it. The majority of the pistes are tame, but there are some interesting moguled runs.

I go with my parents and we all enjoy it thoroughly.

The place has a nice mixture of Italian/French culture and style, which my parents like. It has beautiful scenery which my parents are also fond of.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I think i will put most people in ski school in the morning and then ski as a group in the afternoon. The off piste sounds good.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy