Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Spray pianting the top of snowboards

Poster: A snowHead
I have a little voice in my head telling me I would like to spray my board another colour, either black or something really silly like bright yellow. Any one know of any paint/coating specifications that would be appropriate and any preparation work that would be needed?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
this guy did it:-

http://www.clevermill.com/paintingyoursnowboard.html
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
DebbiDoesSnow, cheers
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Sounds a right old palaver to me. Sad
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
rayscoops, Wait till you see what I bring to the bash wink Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Masque, there will not be too many boards for testing at the bash, maybe we should all try to bring a couple of boards each and test them out.

you obviously have had a go at this spraying malarkey
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I had this idea but scrapped it when I thought about my inability to spray paint with any creative know-how Smile
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
rayscoops,

It is mentionned in Debbi's link but every single time I have re-painted something myself, e.g bikes, car bumpers etc with this sort of paints, it has looked great....for about 2 seconds...
The durability is just non existant. Never tried on a board but I bet you that after 1 day or 2 onthe hill, you'll be gutted at seeing your hard work chipped/scratched away..

The best thing I would say, if you reall want to do it, is pay that little bit extra and bring the board to a good car paint shop..durability should be slightly better..
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Kruisler, you need to paint something over the top to protect the paint job. On small things I'd recommend clear nail varnish but it's going to take a lot to coat a board! You could put a light fibreglass coat but this could change how the board rides.

I just bought something with good graphics in the first place wink
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Kruisler, i think it would need an epoxy or some sort of resin coat, has to be flexible too to take in to account of flex.
Swirly, I just fancy a non graphic 'one colour' board that has no name on it, the board I have is almost there as it is dark grey with some sort of non desript engineering shapes on it, after a couple of years of looking at the same board I fancy a change without actually buying a new one.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Swirly,

Believe me, although not on a board, I have tried all sort of top coats and varnishes, several coats of them and it always seem to chip very easily compared with factory stuff, or even proper professional jobs.
My worry for rayscoops is that he is going to do all this work and then it will look crap very quickly because of chips. That was one of my 1st thought and the guy in Debbi's link confirms that.
Personally, I would ask a car paint shop for advice and eventually do it.

rayscoops, You're right, the amount of flex the paint can tackle is another big potential issue with a snowboard...

If you ever do this, please provide a detailled report! Toofy Grin
I would also like a plain one color board...
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
You could possibly do what was recommended for surfboards (although I'm not sure if it's compatible with a snowboard) get some cloth screenprinted then mount it on a board and spray a clear top coat over it. It won't crack but it'll be a bug to fit and once again I'm not sure what effect the resin will have.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Buy a custom board - much easier
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
DebbiDoesSnow, can I get a yellow or black one?
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
rayscoops, no,
snow report
rayscoops,
You could always use a large, ripe banana Confused
ski holidays
get a big design cut out of vinyl like these idiots stick on their cars.
snow conditions
rayscoops, You need a special flexible paint . . . like wot the stuff they paint abs m/c bodywork with . . . but wait till the EOSB and I'll show you an alternative that will allow you lots of choice and creativity
ski holidays
Masque - top banana Wink
snow report
Masque wrote:
wait till the EoSB and I'll show you an alternative that will allow you lots of choice and creativity

yeah its called 'a SHOP' wink
latest report
DebbiDoesSnow,

Laughing

Masque,

Now I am intrigued!...Why the secrecy? Is it legal? Toofy Grin
latest report
Kruisler, certainly sir
snow conditions
Masque, can you post pics after its been launched please Razz
snow report
DebbiDoesSnow, at the Bash Sugarbuns, at the Bash rolling eyes
snow conditions
Masque, I'm nobodys Sugarbuns Evil or Very Mad I'm more a small vial of arsenic !!!!

I'm not going to the bash so won't what you bring. Is it a case of 'what goes on the bash stays on the bash' wink
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy