Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ischgl - Easter 2008 Trip Report

Poster: A snowHead
Well, of sorts Madeye-Smiley .

They say a picture is worth a thousand words, so at 24 frames per second, and with an 'interesting' Embarassed soundtrack, this must amount to a few million.

Youtube video from our Easter Trip to Ischgl - WARNING contains Content unsuitable for those with a musical ear Laughing

http://youtube.com/v/0pUOmlR7AaE

snowHead
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Fantastic, looks like a great trip. Good sound track too, especially Country Roads.

Although I do have one question. How are your kids still alive? Most would have died of embarassment years ago... wink Laughing
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Axsman, Can't believe you posted the link Shocked Laughing
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Great video! snowHead Sums up a skiing hols - in Austria Toofy Grin
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Not sure what is worse the dancing or the shirt wink Great video
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Axsman, nice work, we were there the week up until Easter Saturday, and had truly epic conditions.

You're quicker on the video production than me - I've just got as far as blogging so far - for example the Easter Saurday report, with pics linked is at:

http://gortonator.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!AF2DD3CC35CC7ADF!1943.entry

Other reports/pics in March/April 2008 archives sections for those who are truly bored at work Smile
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Axsman,

Great video.

Think I could make out a bit of the "Duty Free" run there.

Bergfex web page ranks Ischgl the No. 1 skiing resort in Austria and its link to Swiss Samnaun the No 2 resort in Switzerland. Lets hope it wouldn't be spoiled in the near future.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
nice vid, the dire straits thing in the lift was very clever, must remember that one !
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
masmith, Well I had to do something to cover up the quality of my singing. I might have been just a tad inebriated on that particular afternoon Embarassed Laughing
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Axsman, great vid. Makes me wish we'd gone there for our wedding anniversary instead of Zermatt. Oh well we'll be there in 39 weeks Shocked 1st trip of next season.

By the way, you have a fantastic family and it looks like you really enjoy skiing/boarding/apres together, long may it continue, it's great to see.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
saikee, Yes got caught out on it too (but no worries) Very Happy

minx, Thanx - It's a great place - we had a blast! snowHead Laughing
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Axsman, Great video. I got really nostalgic and I was only there a month ago. Red 80, Samnaum, Niki's Stadl - It's all come flooding back. Glad you had a great time. It's a fantastic place. When I first went there many years ago there were hardly any British there but it's becoming more and more popular. I wouldn't want it to be overrun with British as much of France is as it would lose it's uniqueness but at the same time I feel guilty at keeping it to myself. I think we need to spread the gospel. A mate of mine went with us this year and he couldn't believe the Apres Ski. To anyone who loves a great party you've got to go there before you die.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Corky, agreed, Ischgl is a truly wonderful place. Few Brits, a sprinkling of Irish, and amazingly to me, no Aussies or Septics (I heard rumors, but never actually encountered any of either). It's hard to avoid these folks in most decent ski hills on earth. All makes up for a wonderfully non-Anglo/Antipodean/North American experience Cool

I BTW feel no guilt. Just remember everyone, the locals only speak German. Or Norwegian. No one takes credit cards. No football/rugby/basketball in bars. Only Austrian food. The masses will hate it wink
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Corky, gortonator, That was our experience, a few brits, but mostly German, Austrian and funnily enough Belgian folks. All very polite and well behaved on the slopes, and very friendly and 'high spirited' in the apres. Would make an EXCELLENT venue for a snowHead 's bash IMHO. Our Hotel the Solaria was well situated, did great food, and had excellent facilities. (although TBH there were several others including the Madlein and the Elisabeth that this would also apply to.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
gortonator,

Quote:
Only Austrian food. The masses will hate it

Didn't find anything wrong with that. Junk food and pizza are also available if you want to go with the masses. Do British skiers regard food in catered chalets to be the norm?

I found dining in Ischgl upmarket restaurants rather nice as they are not really expensive.
ski holidays
Axsman, terrific! Toofy Grin
ski holidays
saikee wrote:
gortonator,

Quote:

Didn't find anything wrong with that. Junk food and pizza are also available if you want to go with the masses. Do British skiers regard food in catered chalets to be the norm?

I found dining in Ischgl upmarket restaurants rather nice as they are not really expensive.

Although I have to admit that the local delicacy 'marmotte on a stick' does take a bit of getting used to Madeye-Smiley
latest report
Axsman, Looks like you all had fun, Austria is great isn't it ? . . . I will get to Ischgl, one day Confused

Minx - Did you not enjoy Zermatt ?
latest report
IncogSkiSno, Go soon, make it your first trip next season. We are going back next year it was such a hoot! snowHead
ski holidays
Axsman, top stuff squire. Expect to hear similar quality tunes at the eosb Wink
ski holidays
Another excelent vid Axsman, keep them coming!
ski holidays
IncogSkiSno, don't make it one day, make it your next day.
snow report
Corky, Well said sir!

Charlatanefc, well between us we should have a decent selection of EuroCheese wink Laughing

Ronald, Next one will be the EOSB - watch this space snowHead
snow report
saikee wrote:
gortonator,

Quote:

saikee, when you quoted me above, you missed off the 'wink' - I rather like it as it is ...

I found food in Ischgl fine too.

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Fri 11-04-08 16:14; edited 1 time in total
latest report
Quote:
WARNING contains Content unsuitable for those with a musical ear Laughing

You weren't kidding, were you? Shocked Looks like a great trip, though! I was hoping to get to Ischgl in early May for a K2 event - I'm on the waiting list, but somehow don't think I'll get to go. Maybe we should get together a group for an end of season quickie, 1st - 4th May? I think 4th is when season ends.
ski holidays
vetski, MMMmmmm end of season quickie - like the sound of that snowHead Elton John is playing there live on the 3rd!

Sadly the EOSB has to be my last trip this year, 6 trips is already pushing my luck Embarassed Laughing
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy