Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

BL**DY EUROTUNNEL

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Fares are available only up until 4th January. I want my return crossing from 27th Dec-10th Jan. I can't book 2 single crossings as you can't use Clubcard vouchers for a single journey from Calais. They have no idea when the fares will be released Evil or Very Mad
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Helen Beaumont, dig your own! wink
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Helen Beaumont, that's a bit of a drive this side! Shocked

joe
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I love the tunnel, especially when the weather is bad, BUT, for next week they wanted £140 single, Norfolk Line £18. Pays for B+B on the way plus a nice meal on the boat and change.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
jbob, I'd still take the tunnel. Toofy Grin
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Helen Beaumont, Now that is what I call forward planning!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Mouth, have to forward plan for work, so may as well get the crossing when it is cheapest.
joe1978, we drive most of the time, cos we have our own place, and take our dog with us, although we nearly always stay for two week. Only the homeward bound straetch taht we ever get traffic,we leave home 7am for lunchtime train, usually on a Saturday,so no morning rush hour. R32 and his missus are from Gateshead and they drive too.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
We plan trips well in advance due to work commitments - but find that to get cheap Eurotunnel fares we have only needed to book six weeks or so in advance during the winter. Even at peak ski season the tunnel is really quiet compared to summer hols.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
RobinS, but this is weekend between Xmas and NY, and last year it was heaving when we arrived there, with a delay of over an hour. If I could use the tesco voucher for a Calais-Flokestone single trip it wouldn't be a problem. Price has already gone up.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Helen Beaumont, I didn't realise you couldn't use Tesco vouchers for a single trip - I've not had cause to do that up to now. Is that completely inflexible? Could you book a return on the 4th, and then just change it later - there never seems to be any problem with that kind of change.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
joe1978, Helen Beaumont, Just got back, 1:30 this morning! 5 hours to tunnel from Gateshead on Friday after work, stayed in Calais and then 9 hours to LDA on Saturday morning....we spoke to quite a few people who'd flown out and it had taken them 13 - 14 hours Shocked On the way back we left LDA at 8:30am, but had to go to hotel in Calais to retrieve the mobile phone I'd left there rolling eyes , did some shopping in Cite Europe and then caught the tunnel.

Since we don't have a tesco nearby to benefit from the vouchers, we bought the Frequent Traveller 10 trips from Eurotunnel, works out much cheaper for us as we almost always have to travel during peak times (works out at £39 single + £20/£30 extra for peak times). Was going to book christmas/new year trip in the next few weeks, so hope they come out soon.

Helen Beaumont, Went to the Vets in Briancon on Friday afternoon, great fun in the snow without snow tyres (Mr R32 had taken the snow tyres off the car for its service a week earlier and decided it would be fine to leave them off Puzzled) car was going sideways near the Col de Lauteret/Galibier road Shocked . Passed through Monetier, once we are finished all our DIY we'll have to pay you a visit, looks very pretty.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
pam w, you can use them for a single trip,. but only departing from Folkestone , and not Calais, so no bloody use at all really. R32, and I can't use the vouchers for frequent traveller trips either................. .
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Helen Beaumont, BL**DY EUROTUNNEL rolling eyes Laughing They have it all worked out don't they rolling eyes . Still much prefer it to the ferry though.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Sounds like you had an 'experience' across the Col though.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Helen Beaumont, Oh yes, rear wheel drive is not good in snow at the best of times! Looks like it can get really bad there judging by the old snow at the side of the roads. I was very concerned about going back across the Col as the snow was getting much heavier, but luckily the vet agreed to see us as soon as we arrived (an hour before his appointment Very Happy ).
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy