Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Sat 12 April: One-way spaces available, drive to Avoriaz

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm driving solo to Avoriaz in the French Alps via an early channel tunnel crossing on Saturday 12th April 2008.

CLUSES-TANINGES-LES-GETS/SAMOENS-MORZINE/MONTRIOND/St.JEANd'AULPS-AVORIAZ

I doubt there'll be any takers for it, but I thought it might be worth offering transport on the off-chance. My other half was going to drive out with me, but she's strained her leg.

I have a 4x4 people carrier (Mazda Bongo, P reg) which, including driver, seats 6 in comfort, 8 maximum (e.g. adult+child+adult).

Pick-up would be 6am at Ashford (the rail station say) at the latest.

I can drop off en route or between Cluses and Avoriaz. Unfortunately, I will not have time for other ski areas such as Chamonix or Trois Vallees. I have driven to the alps several times before, and drove 5 in the same vehicle to Val d'Isere last year.

A roof ski-box is available, as is a luggage trailer, either/both fitted as necessary (additional fees/costs included in prices below).

NB This is a 'trip with friends', so don't expect any guarantees, insurance, etc. I do have European insurance and breakdown cover, but not for commercial use.

Seats: Price
1: £100
2: £160 @ £80pp
3: £210 @ £70pp inc. roof box
4: £260 @ £65pp inc. roof box + trailer
5: £300 @ £60pp inc. roof box + trailer
6: £330 @ £55pp inc. roof box + trailer (3 on 1 bench seat)
7: £350 @ £50pp inc. roof box + trailer (6 on 2 bench seats)

The prices reflect that I am looking to recover costs and inconvenience. I am not looking for companionship or someone to help me navigate (the vehicle has a sat-nav), though it is handy having someone on the toll-side window.

Subtract £50 if trailer not required (little to no luggage).

Full payment in advance by PayPal or cash on pick-up. Refunded if I should be at fault in being unable to take you (breakdown, etc.).

Return leg is probably not available, but if it was it would be restricted to 1-2 people travelling from Avoriaz via a Sunday night stopover in Poligny on the 20th for Monday return ferry. Add 50%.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy