Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

bassingbourne ski club or norwich ski club

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I am considering joining one of these ski clubs for me (a scardy cat skier to improve my skiing), my husband (a good skier) and our son (almost 5 who can ski green and blue runs fairly well).

Is anyone a member of these clubs/has any info or advice about joinging a ski club on a dry slope?

Thanks in advance
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
fizz, my wife and I are members of the Suffolk Ski Centre at Ipswich. This just means that we get a discount on non-member prices. You don't have to join the Centre to ski there, you just need a minimum standard of linked snowplough turns (or sign up for a beginners course). PM me if you need more info.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
As you're in Suffolk, why not join the Vikings at Ipswich (www.suffolkvikings.org.uk). They have a very active adult section - Chris Anderson is one of the driving forces in Masters' ski racing, his wife (Bev) is one of the few female Masters racers (and was very miffed I beat her in the fun race we had during a training session there last October Very Happy ), and I think their kids' section is pretty good also. You don't have to race though Wink - when I met them they seemed to be a good bunch of varying standards. I've not been to Norwich, but Norfolk Ski Club have an extremely good reputation - contact rpft who is a snowHead member there. Don't know much about Bassingbourne, I'm afraid, but don't think they're quite as active as the other two.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
fizz, Whilst being very a very friendly little club, Bassingbourn slope is tiny, next to a sewage works and in the middle of an army base.
Norwich is the best dry slope facility I have ever visited (speaking as a Hemel club member!!) but the set up at Ipswich is very good as well.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy