Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

all mountain ski for advanced lady skier?

Poster: A snowHead
can anyone recommend some skis for my wife?

she currently skis a 161cm 1080, all over the mountain, on and off piste. she is 5ft 8inches & weighs 10stone. not found a run/route she can't ski.

the guide we skied with friday suggested a ski with more rebound would be good for her.

looking to see what i can get in the sales.

cheers,

greg
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Head Wild Thang, Volkl Aura (which i think we have at a good price, i think.).
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Icelantic Pilgrim. 169cm, 127/90/115, R17m, 1870sq.cm base area. It's a twin so it skis a bit shorter. Deb's the same stats as your missus & luv's 'em.

Or a pair of Mission's & mount them +2cm.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Dunno if these are still for sale although I'd go for something wider: http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=37450
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
kitenski,

Dynastar Legend Powder Plus.

BC says Head.. wink
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Friend skies on the Wild Thang which she likes. She has also now got a pair of next year's equivalent ski - very cute in pink but even better to ski on apparently. Said that it went down very well with the journos and other testers last week in St Moritz at a magazine ski test...but then she is sponsored by head and helps them with their product development - so she might be a bit biased.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
cheers all,

Smallzookeeper, whats your price for the Aura + bindings delivered to the UK?

Jon - do you have the Pilgrims in stock and if so, what price am I looking at inc bindings? I'd probably come down and pick them up and get her current 1080s serviced so I can sell 'em next season.

What about the K2 women specific skis, are they any good? If so which ones should I be looking at?

and I think the womens Scott Mission is the Rosa, is that correct?

regards,

Greg
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
kitenski, I've PM'd you.

The K2's women specific skis seem very good judging by their sales. Deb had the Burnin Luv's which she thought were great apart from walking out of the Marker's a couple of times. Only changed as she wanted something wider & I actually got her the Pilgrim's before I started selling them rolling eyes

Never seen the Rosa's but the Mission's aren't that stiff so I'd get them & mount them forward a tad.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
My OH has just got a set of next season's Auras which she really likes. A couple of her instructor friends ski them and suggested she got a set to add to her Karmas and she has had a great time on them with all the new snow we've had in Verbier over the last couple of weeks. The graphics are quite good too - a sort of manga like character with an impressive cleavage. Good talking point on the chairlift Cool
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
kitenski, VolklAttivaS5 has the Rosas and raved about them on this thread:- http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=910316&highlight=scott+rosa#910316 , about halfway down.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
kitenski, as you probably know I am a Missions fan - and so biased - but RachelQ was on Missions at the MSB - she skied well on, and seemed delighted with, them. You might want to sound her out by PM.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
done a little digging, found these prices at UK stores, now off to check conrad and bilek. Any comments on these skis/prices???

Rosa/Missions don't appear to be discounted (no surprise given there popularity!!)

SnowandRock

Bandit B83W 120 - 81 -110 £325.50
Salomon Temptress 117 - 83 - 110 £195.30 ski only. 161cm too small?
Scott Maya 116 - 76 - 106 £192.50 ski only
Volk Aura 130 - 94 113 £335.00 ski only

EllisBrigham

Exclusive Legend Powder 121/85/104 £375.00
Vision Zeal + Salomon Z10 Ti 124/88/112 £295.00
T-Nine Tough Luv + Marker M1 11.0 TC 124/88/111 £325.00
T-Nine Lotta Luv + Marker M1 11.0 TC 119/78/105 £325.00
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
kitenski,

I know a few women who comment on the weight of the K2's... and one or two I've carried have been heavy..considering they are 170's or less.
Yve's * luvs.were the heaviest thing in our ski box on the Toerag, maybe the Recons were heavier but not by much for a bigger ski..!!!!

Have Castelford got the Legend Powders?

What about Movment Spicy..at 82mm. I think they are the female version of the Spark

Head M78's ...?
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
The K2 luvs are all very heavy for sure. My wife demoed them and noticed it straight away. Also obvious by just picking them up in the shop. Not necessarily a bad thing, but something to note.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
uktrailmonster, yes, My K2 MissDemeanors are heavy, but I can still carry them to the piste myself, so not really a problem. Mine are only 153cm too.
snow conditions
Helen Beaumont, The MissD's are supposed to be lighter than the equivalent "Luvs" too. As it happens, my wife is thinking of getting a pair of MissD's, so I'd be interested in your opinion of them as an all-mountain ski?
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy