Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

London snowHeads: let's ski today! (now including TR and photos)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
easiski, Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
horizon, great TR in the finest traditions of Snowheads - that first photo is just hysterical!

fatbob, I don't know the area, but passing by I always thought Box Hill would be a great hill to ski, given enough snow. Pity about the sledgers.

A shame I was in Spain at the time, trying to banish thoughts of snow (not helped by distant views of the still snowy Sierra Nevada from the Alhambra).
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
snowball, Box Hill is brilliant. If there's enough snow and several of you, drive up to the cafe (one has to drive down again), then you get a nice little woodpath followed by a traverse across the arete and then the black run down the left hand side. Blue on the right if you prefer! Very Happy When I was little we used to ski it at least once a year. Tobogonners tend to be idiotic and get the road closed though. Sad
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Dear Horizon. Love your photos. Is there any chance I could use one or two in Ski+board or are you anti Ski Club? Our next magazine is not until October, but it would be fun to run something on some spontaneous skiing in the UK in April! If you are willing, could you send me an e-maill to editor@skiclub.co.uk with some contact details? I don't know how to send you a private mail (I rarely visit snowheads for long enough to learn how). Let's have some fun with this...All the best - Arnie Wilson.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
jacksonhole, thanks, that would be great! I've just sent you an e-mail at the address above but I got a failure notice. Do you have an alternative one?
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
A star is born Smile
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
horizon, that's classic stuff, good effort!
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
PhillipStanton, I'm up for a curry - I recommend the Lahore Kebab House just off Commercial St, it is BYOB and the curry is super fantasatic.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
plectrum, used to be very good when I lived near there 25 years ago, but there were some interesting rumours about where the meat came from...
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
plectrum, how about somewhere more central? Commercial St is a serious p-in-the-a to get to and from when you live in NE London...last time I went there I drove, and it took about 30 mins just to park! I'm pretty sure we went to that restaurant as well...wasn't wowed though.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
plectrum, good suggestion (and one I may well follow up on), but I'm going to have to agree with vetski as it'll be a PITA for people coming in from "out west".

Anyone know anywhere good that more central? (I'm a bit out of touch with the old curry "scene" at the moment as I'm somewhat taken by a very nice Thai cafe near London Bridge station - but it's equally painful to get to.)
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Malabar Junction, Great Russell Street, nearest tube Tottenham Court Road; Mela, a chain, nice food, I've only been to the Shaftesbury Avenue one; Masala Zone, recently opened on Floral Street, Covent Garden, haven't been yet but enticing smells whenever I walk past. Or does your Thai place have other branches? I love Thai Square, but have only been to the Islington one.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Drummond St surely for a good curry Very Happy
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
vetski - the Thai place has an associated pub, but unfortunately it's rubbish. They do the best lamb and potatoe currys though.

cathy - I've not been to Drummond Street in far too long (and location isn't bad for west Londoners), but I haven't been in ages. Are you joining us?
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
PhillipStanton, Benares - Berkeley Sq http://www.benaresrestaurant.com/

ROFL Wink

Masala Zone is ok, nothing more

Mela looks quite interesting.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy