Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Dynafit bindings

Poster: A snowHead
Can anyone talk me through the Dynafit binding range.

Being the end of the season I thought I might try to pick up a pair of bindings in the sales, but could do with some guidance on the pros and cons between the Verticals and the Speeds. (Ignore the lite versions.)

Thanks in advance.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Not sure if you'll find many places doing big discounts on them, they don't release a seasonal model so you'll have to just get lucky with a retailer.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
You never know though parlor - I spotted some at 50% discount last May / June in Vieux Campeur. They were clearing inventory.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
PhillipStanton, I'm using them, selling them and loving them. Buy the Vertical ST, end of story.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
PhillipStanton, sweet can you get a pair for the missus if you see them at that price again please?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
i think i am right in saying that verticals have compatible brakes and speeds don't. so if you're going super lightweight go with the speeds; if you want brakes, verticals
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I was skiing with a friend last weekend, he has vertical ST bindings with stoppers, following a fall the binding released, the brake deployed but did not stop the ski, it slid in a straight line on its base with the arms of the brakes running through the soft snow leaving two lines. It went about 500ft, fortunately it did not hit anyone and was easly recovered.
He is going back to leashes!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
jbob, That could have happened with any lightweight set up. The total ski weight not being enough to deploy the brake deep in the spring snow.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
SMALLZOOKEEPER, agreed, in fact another in the party thought that a full sized brake might well have done the same, but it did slightly worry me thinking through the possible consequences. I had to stick a Swedish girl back together a few weeks back when a ski hit her on the hand. Personally I cant stand leashes-but!
Funny thing was we started searching in the snow where he had fallen before we realised what had happened and that the ski was down the hill.
I did think some sort of asymmetric arrangement might have worked better and flipped the ski over.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
SMALLZOOKEEPER - why the Vertical over the speed though?

parlor - I'll give you a shout if I spot any.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Greater range of adjustment, should a boot change ever be needed. Plus the Brake. TBH, i'd have gone for the TLT Speed for my lightweight set up, it's not too skiable but carry well, which is what my rando stuff is set up for. Plus the height of the Speed is more suitable for my F3's.
The ST is the best all round and still kills alot of weight. Boot choice is the biggest factor when choosing IMO.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Not sure what you mean by boot choice being a factor - could you explain a bit more please?
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
The ST and FT are stood up on the ski, with a plate and a brake under the sole of the boot. Using the New Axon, Zzeus and Factor means powerful skiing whilst remaining lightweight for steep climbs with skis on pack. The TLT Speed puts you lower but leaves you off the ski(almost hovering) whilst attached to binding, requiring a lighter footed approach on lighter skis. F3, Megaride and the lighter boots. Ski choice is also a factor. It's alot of detail but worth the time. Really you have to choose ski and boot and then apply the binding.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
SMALLZOOKEEPER, I am interested in your thoughts on boots. I am thinking of getting new ones. The ones I have now are fine for skinning and walking/climbing but no good for skiing as thay are way too soft and flexable, Nordica TR 10s. I dont need dynafit capability, yet?
I think I will go to Canada next season and want a one boot solution, but it must be good for skiing in. I have been looking at the Garmont endorphin.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
We could perhaps have a chat at Monkey about it this afternoon, i'll bring the catalogues for next winter and show/explain the options.
ski holidays
PS I have Movement Red Apple74 skis with fritschi bindings.
latest report
SMALLZOOKEEPER, sounds like a plan. what time?
latest report
jbob, I'm watching the Footie, but i guess it might be on there, so whenever really. You Ally's Dad?
snow report
SMALLZOOKEEPER, I dont think the football is on in the Monkey, what time does it finish, and yes.
latest report
Finishes in 45mins i'll trot along after.
snow conditions
Thanks SMALLZOOKEEPER. Looks like a topic for next season then.

I may be skiing in Chamonix on Friday - any chance of you being available for a ski?
ski holidays
PhillipStanton, Yeah.
latest report
I'll give you a ring on Thursday then to see if we can hook up.

Will need to be gentle(ish) as we're going over to Zermatt for a six day off-piste BASI course.
snow report
PhillipStanton, We could do a 'Gentle' Valley Blanche or spend the day looking for some stuff on the GM.
ski holidays
Something on the GM would be good. Don't know how the forecast is shaping up for the week (really must take a look).
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy