Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Jobs for this ski season in NZ...

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I appreciate this is probably a tad too late but any ideas on where to start? Mainly looking for some sort of internship type job where I can spend 2-3 months in NZ with paid accomodation and lift passes and where I earn some marginal wage on the side. Don't really mind doing any labour work.. Already had a look on natives.co.uk but that only gave me BUNAC which didn't seem like the thing I'm looking for... Was going to to Australia but it seems I'm not eligible due to them being somewhat xenophobic...
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I'm a North Islander so can't really help with the Sth Island fields but this is a good start but be quick.

http://www.mtruapehu.com/winter/employment/
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Timmaah, have you got a work visa or permit? If not, might be worth checking if you would qualify.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Don't have one yet, but I would qualify for one.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Get yourself a working holiday visa thru the NZ immigration people in London. Don't get it thru BUNAC they charge you over double for nothing much more than some bits of paper.

Easiest way to get a job is to get out there and look. The smaller ski fields are more hap hazard in their recruitment. If you email the smaller ones (i.e. not nzski, cardrona & treble cone) inquiring politely with your CV you are likely to get something back. They will probably want you to come for a interview though before the season starts. The bigger ski fields all have online recruitment stuff on their websites although the generally don't recruit everyone till the snow has arrived. So if your around Town at the start of the season you can still land yourself a job. Some ski fields may help you out with finding accomodation once you have a job but most won't.

Outside of the ski fields you won't find accommodation and ski pass included with jobs anywhere. There are plenty of chambermaiding type jobs around in the towns but normally you'll need to find your own accomodation.

Hope that helps
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Good luck Timmaah, it's a looooooong time since I did it but I think your best bet is to head straight for Queenstown which gives you direct access to Coronet Peak and The Remarkables ski areas and an awesome nightlife. On mountain accom isn't very common in NZ due to infrastructure/population/cost issues so you're best off in town anyway (just make sure you don't miss the staff coach up the mountain each morning! Embarassed ). Cadrona, Treble Cone, etc.... are all accessible from there to enjoy variety on your days off, so defo the best place to set yourself up.
Thomas Cook (not the same as UK! - and I might be out of date on the name now - kiwi1 do you know if they're still running things?) used to run both areas and interview in Queenstown at the main Coach station around late April/May. Smaller ski areas may wait 'til there's snow but they're more organised in Queenstown.

Wanaka is second best - that's direct for Cadrona, 3C, etc... giving you Coronet and Remarkables as alternatives for your days off.
Third is in the North Island, Ohakune at the foot of Mt Ruapehu for direct access to Turoa ski area - easily the best skiing in North Island.

I agree with scottishskier, about lift passes. If you're not working on the mountain, you're not likely to get your pass included!

Best off just get yourself down there and work it out in situ.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy