Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

What size Scott Punisher skis...

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi All,

Looking at buying some Scott Punisher twin tip skis. Not sure which size to get. It's between 162 or 172cm. I can't find a shop that has them both in stock so not sure I’d get impartial advice from them..!

My Stats: 178cm, 71Kg. Been skiing for 3 years. Tried twin tips for the first time this season and loved them. Started off on snowblades then moved to normal 158 and 164cm skis. I guess these are slightly short compared to my height but I put this down to starting on blades.

I am an intermediate looking to spend quite a lot of time on the slopes in 09 so hopefully will become advanced! Will be 60% on piste, 20% off piste and 20% in snow parks.

Should I buy the 162cm or 172cm version? Also have a choice of Scott S10 bindings or Salomon Z12 ti's. Any opinions on these?

Help is much appreciated.

Cheers

Dave
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
IF i were you 172's. My stats are fairly similar-i'd go for the z12's because my dins are cruising about 9 and want scope to crank it for big days.

Ross
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
daverave,

Welcome to snowHead

For a twin tip, I'd be thinking of head height ..but since you have only been skiing for 3 years, the 172.

can't see any value in a TT 162..
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
hi daverave.

defo think the 172 for you,i just got some punisher 172's and i'm about the same stats,little shorter,176,but a little heavier,74kg. They feel spot on and i have the Salomon 12's bolted on as i ski around a 7-8 din,they should be fine for you too and will give you some scope as you improve,i have 6 years skiing in the tank and only ever used Piste/Race ski's so like yourself i've been looking to have a bit more fun all over the hill and these are just awesome! good on piste as they have a decent sidecut but can't wait to hit some kickers,rails,powder! Very Happy Cool
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
182 surely... they're the world's easiest skis to initiate a turn on and soft anyway, not like the extra length will cause any issue?

Scott S10s are Salomon Z12 binding with a lower din. I'd proably go for the cheaper option.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I'd go for S10s myself as at 71 kg you'll be skiing at about 7 DIN. Even doing drops or steeps I don't crank up more than 7 (I'm 75 kg) and don't lose skis (apart from when they (a) get buried or (b) I remove them myself...eh DaveC? Toofy Grin )

Even 172cm would be too short I think
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
hmmm good point gang,i guess the 182's would actually ski about 178 due to the twin tip? Puzzled
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
They are a great ski the 182s are worth a thought. It may be my lack of technique but they do feel a little unstable on the hard icey stuff. It might be worth thinking about a different binding to the S10 if you are going to spend alot of time in the park, I had a couple of pre releases when jumping with the S10.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
cheers guys for the sound advice. Defo won't be going for the 162's!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy