Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Will anywhere within 30miles of central London mount bindings on skis (competently) while you wait?

Poster: A snowHead
aka - how come shops in resorts can manage this but it is beyond the wit of anyone near where I live Mad

tried Beans on the basis that I am visiting CEM on Saturday - they said their jig wouldn't fit my skis (didn't ask what bindings they were - not exactly confidence inspiring)

ellis brigham in covent garden want a week

S&R usually want the same and not sure I'd trust them anyway

etc

if only Spyderjon lived a bit closer...
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
S&R in the City did a great job with my Salomon LABS.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Ski Bartlett, Hillingdon £25
http://skibartlett.co.uk/servicing-and-repair-workshop-118-c.asp
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
beequin wrote:
Ski Bartlett, Hillingdon £25
http://skibartlett.co.uk/servicing-and-repair-workshop-118-c.asp

score!

let's see if they do a good job now...
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
beanie1, this is a pair of Marker Dukes on Dynastar Legend Pro XXLs so I am worried they're a bit further out of S&R's comfort zone than the LABs
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I guess this is an indication that central London is not exactly the ski capital of the world. Perhaps demand in ski resorts is just a tad higher Toofy Grin
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
uktrailmonster, maybe, but London is full of people who want instant gratification NOW!
wink
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Arno, give them a call before to make sure their technician is working. They moved the bindings on a pair of skis for me a few weeks ago; I had to wait a little while as they had a bit of a queue of work but there are a couple of cafes near by or you can browse the shop (a veritable Aladdin's Cave of ski stuff!).
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
rob@rar, just done so. planning to drop them off first thing; see CEM and pick them up on the way back
it will be brilliant if it works [/fingers crossed]
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
beanie1 wrote:
S&R in the City did a great job with my Salomon LABS.

If you're talking about the ZZ plate-mounted LABs, they're pre-drilled and pretty difficult to go wrong, especially as the LAB bindings have the yellow snap-off sole-length markers. Put 'em together and screw in the screws, no jigging/drilling. A Marker screw pattern on a fat ski is a much scarier prospect.

Arno, I hope you have good service at Bartlett's, great to support the independent stores.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Arno,

Quote:

they said their jig wouldn't fit my skis

Think your skis may be a bit phat. I had the same issue a few years back with some Bigs - had to get them done in La Grave. Bartlett's will sort you out wink
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
ski, what they actually said was "we don't sell those skis so the jig won't fit". i didn't think it was worth asking them to freehand the job...
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Hope you've pre warned Bartletts if you've bagged some Lotus 138s (very nice looking - a guy I sat next to on the chair in Kweed had a pair)

As for London not being capital of the skiing universe - maybe not but I bet that it probably sells the greatest percentage of skis at MRRP and therefore customers maybe deserve a greater level of competence than the majors deliver.

I've now got a couple of mounts I need doing over the summer & a tele remount. I was thinking this would now justify a trip to Nottingham for me to get "mate's rates" bulk discount wink
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
nope they're Legend Pro XXLs so the tech shouldn't go into too much of a cold sweat when he sees the job ahead of him!

as to the point about MRRP - maybe that's an indication that the average punter isn't clued up enough to demand cheaper skis or better service so we get the service that we (collectively) deserve
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Arno wrote:
Legend Pro XXLs

They're some gnarly skis - have you skied the same model before? I'm asking because I need a dedicated off-piste/all-mountain ski for the steeps and deeps to complement my Salomon 2V and 3V Labs, which are both by any account pee-poor for the mixed-up stuff, and these look the ticket.
snow report
Quote:

let's see if they do a good job now...

They will.
ski holidays
Sideshow_Bob, nope - i have been very happy on normal Legend Pros for the last few years then the XXLs came up for a stoopid cheap price on steepandcheap last summer. they arrived and i got scared but i now feel the time is right to sack up and give them a try. my outing to Verbier next weekend seemed the perfect opportunity. plus, parlor would refuse to ski with me unless i bring something ridiculously big and burly

assuming the mount happens, i shall report back!
snow report
ARNO

FINCHES have a full workshop and can fit bindings in the past I have enquired about them removing Marker 14s and redrilling to fit Fritschi Freerides and they said it wouldn't be a problem.

They are based in South London, Norwood if I remember.
snow report
well, that was quite a successful day:

Bartlett's seem to have done a good job on the mount. had a good feeling about them from the moment i walked in the shop. i will be back there!

CEM has done a few tweaks on my boots - time will tell whether they are totally sorted but i am hopeful

also met Kramer at CEM's place. is solutions4feet, snowheads' unofficial clubouse??
ski holidays
Hmmm, I don't know who you spoke to at Ellis Brigham in Covent Garden...........

If you had spoken to me AKA the ski tech i'd of said it would of been a 15 minute wait!

James
latest report
jamesmay, maybe you should spread the word among people who answer the phone - I'm generally pretty well disposed to EB and if the person had said "no problem" I'd have been straight over
snow report
hmm i'm sorry about that!

A week is our standard company generic answer but I'm a workshop nazi so anything that is there is done straight away in terms of stretches, services or mounts......

Most of our downstairs staff know to ask now, but clothing staff, well it can be a different mater....

James
snow report
jamesmay, welcome to snowHead It will be good to have your help for snowHead in the South.

Arno, Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy conditions are going OFF. Could call on the ski choice. wink
snow report
parlor, conditions are almost going OFF in london right now! the XXLs will be coming with me provided there is some visibility
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy